PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

My daughter loves going to school here! Great science and Spanish classes!! Wonderful staff! We have never had any problems.

My children went to St Francis for about 4 years. After we left ( not exactly our choice), my older son told me about some disturbing bullying experiences. It seemed like there was this group of parents and kids and if you didn't fit into that group, you were not accepted, nor was your child accepted. My younger son had some issues with ADHD. Unlike St Francis, the public schools have worked with him. He didn't have any learning issues due to the ADHD so it was very disheartening when the teacher and administration did not work with my child. He also has an extremely high IQ and when I questioned the teachers as I wondered if he was bored, they just said he wasn't gifted. The principal was extremely difficult to work with and I feel he is incompetent. I can't believe after all these years, the board hasn't fired him. I thought many of the teachers were very good, especially since they did not garner wages similar to the public school teachers. I attended Catholic schools and I still get so unhappy that St Francis was such a disappointing experience.

My daughter is in 2nd grade and started in Pre-K. The staff, teachers and older students have been exceptionally nice. It is amazing to me being from the public school system, how different the entire experience has been. There is a sense of community I never felt in public schools. Older kids are constantly helping younger kids. I almost never have to open a door as some student is holding it open. The curriculum is much more advanced than in public schools. From talking to other parents, public schools are at least a year behind.

My daughter, now is 7th grade, has attended since first grade when we moved back to St. Louis. Looking for schools was difficult, but I knew I loved St. Francis the minute I talked to the wonderful Mary Ann in the office. The teachers and administration are excellent and work very hard, I am very confident that my daughter is more than prepared for high school. There has never been a bullying problem that I know of, in fact, they have developed an EXCELLENT anti-bullying, confidence building program. They have circle time once a week where they discuss anything and everything with their classmates. It really fosters awareness and emphathy. I don't know what the previous poster was talking about, but I sorry they didn't give St. Francis a chance. It is a wonder school and I'll be sorry to leave it next year.

I had two children at St. Francis and it was a Big Disappointment. There were a few good teachers, but most were not. Bullying is a problem and that is why enrollment is way down, not just because of the expense which is high. Resourse is not very helpful if your child needs help or is advanced. We are very happy with the public schools and have noticed more Christian like behavior at the public schools. I grew up in the Catholic school system and thought it would be so much better than the public schools. I am glad that I took a leap of faith and tried the public schools because my children are getting a better education and are much happier.

I am a former student of St. Francis. St. Francis, being such a wonderful school, really helped me prepare for high school. The teachers at St. Francis are truly dedicated to their jobs and really care about their students. My memories of St. Francis consist of lots of fun, laughter and learning.

Last modified St Francis Of Assisi School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8