Posted December 07, 2014
We LOVE Pillar! The Pillar community has been supportive and welcoming to us from the day we first toured the school. The teachers provide such a warm, nurturing environment and our children are always excited about school. As parents, my husband and I love that we have the opportunity in a small school to be involved and any minor concerns we have had have been adequately addressed. I have found teachers to be responsive to me as a parent and I truly feel that the teachers at Pillar work in partnership with parents to meet the needs of individual children. I love that my children receive a faith based education and that community service is a focus throughout the school year. Academically, Pillar has a strong reputation for having an excellent curriculum and preparing students to attend private high schools of their choice. This was the main reason we chose to send our children to Pillar. My children have excelled academically at Pillar and are continuously challenged. We have many friends and family members who send their children to other area schools and I can say that in discussing what the kids are doing in school, Pillar is consistently ahead academically.

Our Lady Of The Pillar School 1

Posted June 01, 2014
I will share our concerns about OLP school from the 2013-2014 school year. 1) The school adopted Catholic Common Core. I have a problem when the school uses these standards as both the floor and the ceiling. 2) Published curriculum hastily put together in response to parent concerns this year. 3) The academic standards are declining, around the 50th percentile for lower grades. 4) Transparency in policy decision-making is lacking. 5) Enrollment is declining. 6) School is overly homogenous in student body and school culture is not tolerant of differences. 7) Cliques within parent community. 8) Teachers not responsive to e-mails. 9) Differentiation is lacking at the classroom level. 10) Instruction methods do not utilize best practices. 12) The school relies heavily on parent volunteers for daily operation. 13) School is more expensive than other parochial schools.

Posted August 09, 2011
I am currently a teacher at Pillar, but also graduated from Pillar and sent my three children to Pillar as well, so I have a pretty complete perspective. Pillar has always been a very involved, very caring community. I can assure you that the teachers are keeping a close eye on the kids not just academically, but morally, socially, and developmentally. Our students will not "fall through the cracks". Academically we have an experienced staff that has a track record of outstanding results. Pillar constantly ranks at the top in standardized tests (ITBS) and our graduates are consistently accepted wherever they apply, including the most challenging prep schools. Students at Pillar can not only participate in a wide range of activities, but they will have the opportunity to lead those activities. The bottom line is that this is a great school and you ought to check us out, particularly if you are looking at the other private schools in the area.

Posted October 27, 2010
What a wonderful environment in which to raise children. Our family moved here from out of town and felt quickly apart of the Pillar Family. Pillar is a wonderful prep school with a personal touch. We can't say enough good things about our school and it's teachers, staff and administration. Charmingly progressive with old world values!

Our Lady Of The Pillar School
403 South Lindbergh Boulevard, St. Louis, MO  63131
Last modified Our Lady Of The Pillar School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Our Lady Of The Pillar School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top