PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

There are not many choices for private elementary schools in St Louis city. As far as I know, there is this school, and the catholic schools. My son is graduating 8th grade in just 2 weeks. There seems to be a narrow minded viewpoint at this school. I say this because in my son's last 2 years at this school, his teachers and some other kids harassed him about not being in sports, and criticized him repeatedly, saying that he was not doing enough, when in fact, he was doing lots of things. He happens to be more artistic and musical than athletic. I feel this place expects kids to fit into a certain mold, and they don't, they are pressured and told that they should fit that mold. The teachers here should be more accepting of the fact that everyone is an individual, and each kid has their own unique personality and skill set.

I am nearing the end of a twelve year relationship with Word of Life Lutheran School, and will miss it very much. I have a son who started with WOL in first grade, and I must give thanks to his fabulous teachers in grade school, that he has been offered scholarships to seven universities. I also have a daughter who is graduating from 8th grade this year, she has been given the opportunity to shine as an individual, yet hugged and disciplined enough to grow and learn in so many ways. Thank you Word of Life!

small class size- dedicated teachers- Christian education- close to home- i could go on and on

Teachers are veterans which means the info presented = not new and current $$$$ is the schools core focus. immediate issues are NOT addressed. Curriculum sucks and not up with other schools They want you but if the school is not for your child you are criticized. Bullying is an issue here. They offer low grade minimal after school activites which cost a ridiculous amount. parents are cliques, if you do not fit in you are not spoken to or you are looked down on. The tuition is crazy and only going up as so many parents are leaving the school Church wants your income to make sure you are contributing to them, which for some works but for others having $ issues it becomes difficult. I could go on but these are the negatives. the positives, good neighborhood, are 2 young teachers who are amazing!

caring teachers, great kids, unbeatable curriculum! This school has something for everyone; a strong music program, piano lessons, band, advanced mathmatics program, daily science labs, mobile laptop lab and the list goes on and on. I highly recommend this school!

It is great to have both of my kids go to a school where the staff nurture and care for their spiritual and educational needs all at the same time! I would highly recommend this school to anyone who cares about their child's education.

I recently attended two field trips with my daughters and both presenters raved about how well the students behaved! They asked what school we attended and both said this was the best behaved group they remember in a long time. Good behavior is condusive to good learning. Thanks to a great group of teachers and parents helping our children learn.

We really enjoy the school. Great teachers and really nice kids.

We have a child in kindergarten and another in 3rd grade and so-far our experience with WOL has been great. The quality of the education is very good, staff and teachers are professional and love the kids and they consistently teach from a Christian perspective. We are planning on sending our 6 month old daughter when she is old enough!

This is fantastic school, three of my children attend here, hopefully the fourth one will also. They are receiving a very solid Christian education.

Last modified Word Of Life Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8