6-12|Private

Bad
Good

I go to this school, and I love it.

We have had nothing but a positive experience with Whitfield and it is the first school where our child enjoys going to school. We really feel the teachers want our child to reach his full potential. I have no worries about our child being cultivated to become an incredible individual who will be prepared for collage and beyond. I highly recommend Whitfield .

I had three children graduate from Whitfield. Each one had a unique learning style with different talents and different interests. Unlike other schools, Whitfield fit itself around each one so that the curriculum met each one's needs and was the perfect amount of challenge. Sports were great (one was on a state championship team) and the arts were even better! Proof of the pudding was college and Whitfield helped find just the right place for each. They were not only ready for college, but excelled from the moment they arrived. Whitfield is a writing school and my kids were well-prepared for college (socially and academically). One is now a Phi Beta Kappa, one passed the bar, and one is in finance. Without Whitfield, I do not believe that my children would have gotten the attention and challenge they needed at our public school and I know that the teacher relationships that my children still enjoy with their former mentors would not be possible. The friends my children made at Whitfield were some of the brightest people they ever met and they have maintained the bond with those same peers as adults. I can't thank Whitfield enough for the difference it made in our lives.

My child was severely bullied by classmates at Whitfield and the administration did little more than shrug, in spite of clear evidence of persistent bullying.

I was a student here a few years ago. I absolutely hated everything about this school. I attended this school in middle school for two years and those two years the kids where nothing but mean, rude, and condensing. I had no friends and felt socially awkward. The teachers were sub par at best and most of the teachers i had didn't care about my grade. The sports are a joke. All I wanted to do was to play football but there was no football. I dont like soccer at all and that is the only really good sport there. I also dont like art or theater, which is the main focus of whitfield. SO after these two awful years I got out of whitfield to go to public school and I find it much better. The kids are much nicer and the teachers are just as good. And the best thing? Public school is 21,000 less! For a private school I feel you should get more out of your education. I learned nothing in those two years. So if you are looking at private schools, please look at any school except this one. You will get more socially and academically at any other school.

There is a strong sense of community at Whitfield. Most every teacher is excellent and works to make sure every student understands the classroom material. The curriculum is flexible and adaptable to all levels of learning. All classes are rigorous; many upper-level courses that don't have the acronym "AP" in their title are in fact comparable in rigor to traditional AP courses and prepare students to take the respective examinations. The social atmosphere is inclusive and open-minded. The school leadership is very approachable and will work to fulfill your needs. Virtually all students are involved to some degree in the wide array of extracurricular activities offered at Whitfield. I'm a Whitfield student, and I would not have chosen to attend any other school in St. Louis.

Both of my children went to Whitfield and the school prepared them for the future.

My son has had a spectacular college carrer and we owe it to the preparation by the truly insightful staff at Whitfield. The leadership from top to bottom is top notch. Best of the best in Saint Louis and my other son went to John Burroughs. Whitfield wins overall comparrison.

One of the top college prep schools in St. Louis. Very small class size and a real focus on the individual makes this school very different from other private prep schools. Students tend to be very independent thinkers. Strong sense of community at this school. Very strong theater, music and art programs. Soccer team was state champs AGAIN in 07. Incredible college admission track record to top schools. High percentage of families send multiple siblings to this school which is strong praise.

Last modified Whitfield School is a Private school that serves grades 6-12