PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

This school is is excellent if your looking for a superior education and installing morals within your child. My son hated the large classrooms and populated public schools feeling lost in the crowd.. He started Christian Academy of Greater St. Louis in the 2nd grade and will continue until 12th grade. The principal, teachers and staff show their love for the children and they excel at learning while having life-long friends. We made the right choice with this Church of Christ school.

Develops character: Strongly agree

They post themes of caring, friendship and God on the walls throughout the school. They go to chapel and learn about God's word.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

My son has increased his knowledge of all subject matters at school. He usually makes honor roll. The teachers handle any disputes upon arrival. They also encourage the children to work as a team.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My son tries to get all his work done at school. Granted he is only in 5th grade, he likes the decision making he has in this process. Sometimes he will work through recess to avoid homework. It is up to the individual child and time management determines the amount of homework.

Most of the students are friendly and reach out to new students, and the principal is really caring and resolves issues as soon as she knows of them. However, there are lots of kids there that don't care, don't try very hard, and often use language and hurt other students. Many of the teachers do not discipline and handle the classroom strongly, and lots of talking and misbehavior goes on, and the teachers blame the students who were behaving! Overall, I wish I could have gone to a different school, because there's not much of an advantage here over public schools.

I can't even begin to scratch the surface with a mere 1200 characters. One star is far too generous.

I am writing this as a rebuttal to the student/teacher review. My son was called the 'N' word in class and in front of other students, and the principals' response was to ask my son what he had done to provoke the other student to call him this. The secretary is rude, and the principal and some teachers are incompetent. There are better schools to send your kids to. Do your research, and look elsewhere!!!

I just found this website and read the lat 2 posts and to say the least I was extremely disgusted. I spent my 6th grade year till my senior year at Christian Academy and at the time I was very happy with the choice my parents made in sending me there. Then after I graduated from college I started going back to visit and did my student teaching there. You will not find a better PRINCIPAL or a better LEARNING environment around. If anything goes on throughout the school it is dealt with to the best of the ability of everyone overseeing the school. Both of my parents were very involved with the school and I was never on Deans list but did make honor roll two times. The school has accreditation and teachers that are certified in those areas. In spending time at a public school and CA I would say your child will get the most out of CA. If your child is involved in sports, CA offers Boys Soccer and Girls Volleyball in the fall, Guys and Girls Basketball as well as cheerleading in the winter and then in the spring they have Track & Field, Baseball and Girls Soccer that they compete against other small Christian schools and MSHSAA schools. Two thumbs up all around for Christian Academy.

The school is small and therefore has 9 teachers or staff-that Have kids ,siblings and church members that are students.. The School tends to show LOTS of favoritism towards Their kids,siblings and church ties or past alumni children Behavior that is against school rules are tolerated if you are a child or a sibling of A teacher, administrative worker, or cafeteria worker and ironically their kids always make the deans list or honor roll. They have one high-school student That says whatever she wants to any of the students just because her mom Is heavily involved in the school.

Christian Academy is a great school. I think everyone should go to Christian Academy the students and staff are very kind. I am a student there and have been attending Christian Academy since i was in pre-school. Now i am in Junior High, I love that the classes are not big so you get more one one one time with the teacher. The teachers are always willing to help you, we also have chapel everyday, it brings us closer to God. We have have a great time in chapel, and when you are a senior you get a senior spotlight, that is when we learn more about the senior before they leave for college. Then each class is very close but always ready to open up for new students. Then last but not least the sports we have basketball, soccer, baseball, cheerleading, and track. It is now basketball season at Christian Academy and we just won conference and the basketball team is going to the championships. YAY! We have very good teams for example out of thirteen games our boys basketball team has won eleven. So come to Christian Academy, all you have to do is visit and you will fall in love, just like i did.

Last modified Christian Academy Of Greater St Louis is a Private school that serves grades PK-12