St. Louis, MO
Before care: Yes

Posted April 03, 2012
What an amazing discovery! I hadn't bothered looking at this school because I thought it was Episcopalian and too small. It is not a religious school, and the size is perfectly intimate! My whole family absolutely loves this school. Most days, my daughter cries to stay when I pick her up - how often does that happen?! The size allows an individually-tailored curriculum which clearly fosters confidence. I do not know why this school has a reputation for not being academically rigorous. If you ask any teacher about their curriculum and approach, they all have a very ready answer about why and why it is developmentally appropriate - even if you ask why they have specific free time! Everything is done with student involvement - no such thing as osmosis learning here. They kids are not taught AT, but are part of the process. It makes some people uncomfortable to not see desks and lectures. For me, I feel like I've found my kids' "home."

Posted June 09, 2011
Outstanding private school. The hidden gem of St. Louis!! Don't be fooled by the name - they do not teach religion. They teach everything you need to succeed in academics and life to children of all belief systems. The teachers are absolutely outstanding. The confidence you see in the students is AMAZING! Love the integrated learning approach. It has a very strong sense of community and committment to the happiness and success of the student and the family.

Posted June 25, 2010
An incredibly nurturing and creative environment. At the same time, it is extremely rigorous. Teachers are well-trained and committed to the school. We have been VERY happy here.

The St. Michael School of Clayton 1

Posted August 08, 2007

Posted March 11, 2004
Everything about this school is top-notch from leadership, administration and teachers to the overall philosophy about child development.

The St. Michael School of Clayton
6345 Wydown Blvd, St. Louis, MO  63105
Last modified The St. Michael School of Clayton is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
The St. Michael School of Clayton Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top