Posted January 11, 2014
This school, in my opinion, prepares students VERY well for the future... I think the High School is one of the best in the area. Caring teachers, a safe environment, and a spirited student body all contribute to the overwhelmingly positive experience this school gave to me.

Posted March 19, 2013
Among the many things you will receive as a student of MICDS, is an excellent education. While academics are certainly extremely rigorous, each child receives very individualized attention every step of the way. I have a child in the 9th grade and we applied to several schools for 7th grade (the grade my child entered MICDS), including John Burroughs and Villa Duchesne. She was accepted to all three but we chose MICDS for the following reasons: 1) the laptop program where each student receives their own laptop from 5th thru12th grade, 2) the middle schoolers are kept separate from the upper schoolers, in completely separate buildings, 3) a dress code which I find to be very appropriate and necessary due to the inappropriateness of some of today's fashions, 4) the advisory program where each child is matched with a faculty advisor as a "go to" person for the student and the parent, 5) the absolutely stellar academic and sport curriculum - there are so many choices it's mind boggling! There is truly something for everyone at this wonderful school and I just can't say enough about it. Diversity is very evident in the students as well as the faculty. Simply a fantastic school!

Posted November 21, 2011
To those who think that the MICDS community only has enrolled students who value money have not looked into the statistics that 23% of our student body is involved in our well renowned financial aid program. I am a student who is not on a scholarship, but have friends who are. That has never changed their chances of succeeding. Anyone who believes that students are bullied more than average has never seen what bullying truly is. MICDS changed my life, I went from fearing school to loving it. Everyday I wake up with a smile because I am in a safe environment were I can reach my full potential. Not once have I felt harassed because of financial reasons. This school is by far amazing

Posted October 05, 2011
I have three children at MICDS and could not be happier with the school! The faculty are genuinely caring, warm, and supportive. The quality of the academics and the availability of specialty subjects are fantastic! My kids love going to school each day!

Mary Institute & St Louis Country Day School 1

Posted June 01, 2011
This school did not live up to my eepectations at all. The kids are mean, the teachers favor the kids with money and the school has not values.

Posted December 08, 2004

Posted March 23, 2004

Posted February 23, 2004
Excellent curriculum, leadership, sports programs, faculty, volunteer opportunities. All in all a very fine institution. We have been very satisfied thus far.

Posted November 14, 2003
As an alumni of MICDS (Country Day), I can assure that the quality of this school is nothing but the best. I am also a parent, and I have seen the cirriculum that MICDS teaches. The teachers go out of their way to ensure the success of each student. Another thing that I believe is an advantage is that they have an eighth grade public speaking event (everyone in eighth grade presents a speech in front of the school) and that they have Spanish available in every single grade.This includes Junior Kindergarten all the way through 12th. They also have French, German, and Latin from 7th grade and up. The middle school athletics is also phenomenal. In addition to basketball, baseball, track, cross country, field hockey, and soccer, they also have lacrosse beginning at 6th grade, and football starting at 7th grade.

Posted September 09, 2003

Mary Institute & St Louis Country Day School
101 North Warson Road, St. Louis, MO  63124
Last modified Mary Institute & St Louis Country Day School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Mary Institute & St Louis Country Day School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.