PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

This school is truly amazing. I had my daughter at another school and when I brought her here I saw the growth and development in here. I love how it is a village and everyone is willingly to help everyone achieve greatness. I'm truly blessed to have come across this HIDDEN GEM!!!

Great curriculum but very unprofessional! It's a catch 22! I'd rate the business as a 1 and the curriculum as a 5. Do to the unprofessionalism, I took my child out of the school. In doing so, I began to receive threatening phone calls.

This school is the absolute worse..Where do I began, lets see my daughter attend here 4 days ONLY . First the teachers werent on time to class, I had to find them a preschool teacher from off facebook who was given a interview and hired within mins of finding her, they use old material from the 90's NO BOOKS, very unprofessional and unorginized they currently have several law suits againist them ..THIS IS NOT THE PLACE TO BE!!!

I am an alumni of storman my parents sent me to storman as a child and i am continuing the tradition by sending my son . Storman is a WONDERFUL school the learning opportunities are beyond great,there is not one school in Saint Louis,Missouri that gives our little African American boys and girls a chance to learn like Storman does and anyone who has had a negative experience at this school created it and Mrs Jacqueline Turnage is a wonderful lady and has been a community staple over 31 years,she has a heart for our young babies. She is truly nurturing and i love that about the school and its teachers/staff in general.

I have read the reviews posted on this site and it is so obvious that someone is angry. If you have battles why don't you allow God to fight your battles; he can do such a better job. I have seen Storman Academy at work and they continue to shell out scholars. Yes they have moved to a bigger and better facility where they can impress even the more on our community their grace and style. A black school looking out for our black children making sure they learn with love, care, and concern = STORMAN ACADEMY. It would be a crime to listen to rubbish and not check the school out for yourself.

I wouldn't even give this school one star. I am so disappointed that a school could be so terrible and neglectful of children. The owner, is one of the worst people I have ever met. She doesn't care about anyone but herself. She is getting sued by several people and was just evicted out of their location on bellefountaine (sp?) and is now back on chambers. If you care about your children DO NOT send them here! My niece and nephew went there for one year and it was issue after issue. The children had wet diapers that weren't being changed. Safety was a HUGE HUGE concern. They let whoever in the building without proper identification. This school needs to be shut down for the betterment of the community.

Don't enroll your child here! Lots of rote and memorization. Consumer beware. No professionalism, this is a disgrace. Just a big waste of money, verses public school. In fact, if your child has special needs, you will get no help from here. Just remember all that glitters is not gold, and all sugary taste are not sweet. Keep searching

All I can say is WOW. I ALWAYS research before I put my child any place and to my surprise OWNER of the school is being SUED by SEVERAL FORMER TEACHERS and EMPLOYEES. I made some calls and found out that it is all because they have not been PAID and it's a recurring problem. And it seems that THE OWNER has a LONG history of doing this to her employees and getting away but she's got a few suits listed on Missouri Casenet right now and several garnishments. I did hear some good things about the education but if teachers walk mid year all the time that's not good.

I was a parent for 8 years at Storman, with my last child graduating recently. Both of my children not only do very well academically in their high school, but socially as well. I want to thank Storman-staff, Mrs. Turnage, and other parents for their part in helping my husband and I raise such well-rounded students. I do not want you to think that everything is perfect at Storman, but there is NO perfect place! I am sure that everyone's experience was not positive, but I also know that if you don't put any positive energies into a school, how can you expect a positive outcome?! Storman has been around for over 31 years. Sure there are problems, but I know that the environment so nurtured my children that they love to go back to visit! I'm saddened by those who don't see how harmful it is to write such negative things. All schools, private and public need financial backing, so parents need to talk to our lawmakers about aid to ALL schools. Then schools wont be accused of being "money hungry" to make ends meet. Even schools with large foundations have fundraisers! Parents, please don't be deterred, if you want a wonderful & loving elem. education, seek out Storman Academy.

Our experience at Storman Academy was HORRIBLE. The teaching staff were good people, but seemed to either be inspired, but lacking intellectual ability, or vice versa. In addition, the students received a TON of free time, in which I witnessed NO LEARNING! The education my child was receiving was below average and I found myself explaining her homework as if I had assigned it myself. The office employees (including the headmistress) were ENTIRELY unprofessional and reverted to a completely STREET mentality when addressed with a complaint. I have never seen "educators" behave the way they did. Storman does have very supportive parents and alumni, which is misleading and personal on their part. This is a TERRIBLE institution for those who have experienced even an average educational experience. DON'T DO IT.

Last modified Storman Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8