Bad
Good

We love this school! My two older children have been attending since preschool and are doing great! My oldest has tested gifted and is receiving gifted services at Woerner. The staff is wonderful and I know that they care about the education that my children are receiving. I am very involved in the school and wish that more parents were. There are only a few parents that participate in PTO activities which makes it hard to do new and fun things at this school. I love the fact that the few parents who are involved are looking for more ways to get the children involved in after school activities which includes sports teams. If more parents would get involved in this school, more things could happen.

There are no activities outside of normal classes and they can't even manage to teach the children at a proper level in the classroom. The test scores for this school are embarrassing and I wish we had a better option for my son. He learns more at home with me after school than he does in school. How pathetic is that?

This school is a head of the rest. With there gender specific classes to the style of teaching. Good to see teachers happy to be teaching not just there to collect a pay check. The community is awesome as well my daughter made friends instantly.

I am a parent of a incoming kindergartener and I have been in contact with the Principle from the beginning, she really has been great. We have taken tours and met the staff and everyone has been so friendly and helped us feel comfortable making the transition to elementary school. I like that the rooms are single gender and the principle seems to know almost every students name when walking down the hallway. All the kids give her high fives and hugs. Woerner seems like a great school and I am super excited for my daughter to start!

This school is fantastic! My children have been attending here since preschool and they love it. I have seen a huge improvement since they moved to single gender classrooms. This school is definitely one of the best in the district! I would highly recommend that you visit and learn more about this school before you rule them out for your child.

All three of my children attend this school and I truly love it! The staff make the children feel good and excited to learn. I will admit there were a few problems adjusting to the school the first year, but I never had any of the major problems I have had in other city schools. The learning experience for my children is wonderful, and I could never be more thankful for the work the teachers and therapists do to help my children attain a quality education.

Woerner is way above other St. Louis Public schools! The only problem that I see (typical of this school dist.) is the communication between students and staff, I view it as almost harsh at times. Students are yelled at all the time, I have been told that isn't the case....but yes it is. I feel this happens only becausse the teachers can't find other ways to keep control. This problem is NOT school wide, only in a few grades. The Assistant Principal is not very 'social' with parents or students. The Principal is clearly dedicated to this school and students. That is a huge plus. Most of the teachers are very caring. As with any school, the support staff isn't always up to par but I think that is changing for the better.

Previous writer must be upset about something.. Great school, staff, neighborhood.

Last modified Woerner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.