Posted April 23, 2014
This school is a head of the rest. With there gender specific classes to the style of teaching. Good to see teachers happy to be teaching not just there to collect a pay check. The community is awesome as well my daughter made friends instantly.

Posted April 18, 2014
I am a parent of a incoming kindergartener and I have been in contact with the Principle from the beginning, she really has been great. We have taken tours and met the staff and everyone has been so friendly and helped us feel comfortable making the transition to elementary school. I like that the rooms are single gender and the principle seems to know almost every students name when walking down the hallway. All the kids give her high fives and hugs. Woerner seems like a great school and I am super excited for my daughter to start!

Posted October 18, 2013
This school is fantastic! My children have been attending here since preschool and they love it. I have seen a huge improvement since they moved to single gender classrooms. This school is definitely one of the best in the district! I would highly recommend that you visit and learn more about this school before you rule them out for your child.

Woerner Elementary School 4

Posted October 24, 2011
All three of my children attend this school and I truly love it! The staff make the children feel good and excited to learn. I will admit there were a few problems adjusting to the school the first year, but I never had any of the major problems I have had in other city schools. The learning experience for my children is wonderful, and I could never be more thankful for the work the teachers and therapists do to help my children attain a quality education.

Woerner Elementary School 4

Posted October 01, 2008
Woerner is way above other St. Louis Public schools! The only problem that I see (typical of this school dist.) is the communication between students and staff, I view it as almost harsh at times. Students are yelled at all the time, I have been told that isn't the case....but yes it is. I feel this happens only becausse the teachers can't find other ways to keep control. This problem is NOT school wide, only in a few grades. The Assistant Principal is not very 'social' with parents or students. The Principal is clearly dedicated to this school and students. That is a huge plus. Most of the teachers are very caring. As with any school, the support staff isn't always up to par but I think that is changing for the better.

Posted February 01, 2008
Previous writer must be upset about something.. Great school, staff, neighborhood.

Woerner Elementary School 3

Posted April 15, 2006
The support staff for this school leaves a bit to be desired as does the attitudes of the counselors. However, the overall quality of the teachers have been good and cooperation from Principal and Vice-Principal have been pretty good. Discipline is an issue unless some involvment by parents occur.

Woerner Elementary School 1

Posted December 18, 2005
Too many kids in one class. not enough encouragement for parents to be involved. children should have after school activities.

Woerner Elementary School
6131 Leona St, St. Louis, MO  63116
Last modified Woerner Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woerner Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top