St. Louis, MO

The Freedom School 4

Posted June 23, 2014
This school has all the diversity of a big city in one small school. The love poured into this school is truly felt by my two children. It's heart warming to her them sing bible songs at home learned in chapel and music class. There is only one class per grade so the kids are building great friendships with their classmates as they progress from grade to grade together. As parents we always look forward to the quarterly parent/teacher meetings to see all the progress the kids have made. Last year a healthy handmade breakfast and lunch was prepared at the school by a chef and several culinary students which we were very proud of. The school has several raised vegetable garden beds and a native prairie on the property which is great connection, however I don't feel much attention is given to the garden by students as much as I would like to see. The one area needing more attention I feel is physical education. Last year this only happened twice a week. I do understand this is already being looked at however and have heard they are hoping to add sport team opportunities next year.

The Freedom School 4

Posted March 19, 2013
Highlights: true diversity, an energetic and involved head of school, lots of focus on life skills/social skills, students are testing at or above state levels. Why not five stars, then? Need more faculty, better cafeteria program, and more dedicated volunteers to help with after school programs. All in all though, my son loves it there, has made some great friends, and always surprises me with what he has learned in class everyday!

The Freedom School 3

Posted January 28, 2010
I love the diversity of Freedom School--socially and economically. I also like the Christian foundation that is being set for him. Freedom School's discipline is focused on forgiveness and reconciliation. They pray and read the Bible every day, and my son frequently comes home singing and talking about God. However, the academic portion of my son's education has been uneven. Some teachers have been able to keep him involved and intrigued, but others haven't. Sadly, a small school like this one doesn't afford much choice when teachers aren't meeting your child's needs.

The Freedom School