K-8|Private

Bad
Good

VCA was a good school, it sufficiently prepared me for high school. I also know a Princeton student who attended VCA k-8 that accredited the English teacher for much of his success in the subject matter.

My parents took me out of Victory Christian Academy last year and put me in a different Christian school. The middle school math teacher is really bad. After she gave a lesson, a girl in the class would have to teach it to us again so we could understand it. The teacher didn't seem to understand it or would teach it to us wrong. I used to hate math but I like it now at my new school. The rest of my classes were okay. I liked all my teachers at Victory, even the math one. Everything was pretty easy other than math. Its harder at my new school but I think I'm learnig more.

The middle school leaves much to be desired. The math teacher does not have a degree in math and constantly sends quizzes home for a "parent check." This results in kids whose parents are good at math doing well on quizzes and kids whose parents are bad at math doing poorly. The last math class I took was college algebra; I can't remember 6th grade math, so my kid did poorly. If I knew I was going to have to teach my kid math, I wouldn't have enrolled him in this school. That's what I'm paying the school to do. She also teaches a math concept to the kids wrong and then comes in the next day, apologizes, and attempts to teach them the right way to do it. Unfortunately, they can't get the wrong method out of their heads. She made our kids hate math. We had to hire a math tutor to reteach our kids the correct way to perform math problems so that they could catch up to their peers in 7th grade. The sad thing is that the woman is really nice and goes around saying, "Math is fun!" so the school keeps her on. On a positive note, she is a good Bible teacher and a good person, but that isn't going to help students learn the math concepts they need to learn. We wasted our money at VCA.

VCA is an okay school for grades K-5, but you'll want to look elsewhere for a middle school. The science teacher has a degree in P.E., the math teacher has a degree in P.E., the history teacher has a degree in theology, the English teacher is pushing 80 and is not up on things like writing blogs, book reviews (vs. book report), etc. The P.E. teacher doesn't have a degree. The principal and 3rd grade teacher resigned a couple of years ago, and an old retired guy played "acting principal" for a couple of years. They got a principal with a music degree this year, and he only stayed 5 months. Now the old retired guy is back at acting principal again. There is no real leadership at this school. They get about a dozen enrollees each year, but they lose about a dozen students a year, so they can never pass the 100 students mark. It's really a sad situation. God seems to have removed his hand from VCA, probably due to unrepentant sin on the part of its leaders.

The retention rate at VCA is incredibly low. Many parents enroll their kids for a year or two and then transfer to a better school. Reason for this include aging teachers (late 60s, mid 70s), old textbooks, and no recess, clubs or activities for middle schoolers. This is why the tuition is so low. If you can afford it, choose a better school.

Victory Christian Academy is an amazing school, with outstanding teachers and staff. Our families decision to move our son from a public school to VCA was the best decision we made. Education is a priority at VCA. You are not just another student. Our son has been at VCA for 3 years now and we have been truly blessed.

Victory Christian Academy educates the whole child through academic excellence founded on the Word of God. The teachers are awesome.

Victory Christian Academy is the new name for Victory Christian School in south St. Louis county. It's a great school! My husband and I have been SO pleased!

We have four children attending Victory Christian School and absolutely love it! The kids are loved, the teachers are beyond excellent and the spiritual leadership and example they are given is the best!

I have two sons currently attending Victory and a daughter who will start next year. A Christian atmosphere permeates all of the activities at Victory. The staff is kind, caring, and competent. The principle greets the students as they arrive everyday. The students are all reading in Kindergarten, and stay ahead academically (of other area schools) throughout 8th grade (based on standardized tests). The facilities are older, but the school has everything necessary for quality instruction.

Last modified Victory Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8