Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

My son has been in this school for 3 months and has been in a fight twice. This is something completely new to us, fighting is not in his character, however, we also explain to him the importance of self defense. There has been constant bullying from day regarding his size and no matter how many times it is brought to the attention of the teacher and or principal, nothing has been done. Our son has come home, daily explaining how disruptive the children in class are and how hard it is for the teachers to get and or even maintain a grip on the class. It is also new to me that the students are not given homework to take home which totally alarms me, because, if, just if, it is the truth that the teachers do not have a grip on the class, how much are they actually learning throughout the day? Then to know that they are not given work to take home, is setting these children up for failure. We have stressed to our son that it is important to do his best for the next 3 months that school is in. Unfortunately, this is NOT a school that I can recommend to anyone. -Signed, Very saddened parent.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

I have yet to sit down and discuss bullying with the principle regarding the current issues that are constantly arising with my child at this school.

Develops character: Disagree

My son has been called name after name on a daily basis by students attending this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Teachers do not have control over the students.

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

The students are not given homework to take home.

My 9 year old grandson is being subjected to CONSTANT and CONTINUOUS HARASSMENT AND BULLYING in the Hazelwood School District at Arrowpoint Elementary School. He had THREE, yes, THREE fights between school and arriving home on the bus while attempting to defend himself. This is RIDICULOUS!!!!! No one contacted his parents about the bus incident and the contact regarding the other 2 fights was very matter-of-fact! The teacher is not handling the situation properly as my grandson's reports of being hit, having things thrown at him, and being pushed have gone unreported to the Principal's office. There is so much preaching about stopping and protecting children from bullying. THIS school is doing NOTHING!!!!

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

My 6 year old goes to this school. And to be honest im very happy with the school.My son has learned tremendously here.His teacher Ms Banks is a great teacher far as I know.Im very happy with the success of my son learning ability at this school..Not sure abt other teachers but I really seems like she takes her time and really love her profession..I shows through the children..

My child used to attend Arrowpoint Elementary. She has attended previously Jennings school district but we moved. My child was attacked by another child. A child that the PE teacher stated was a problem child and had been suspended numerous times for the same issue. the Principle called me directly and advised i needed to pick my child up from school because she had been beat up by another student. "But in no way did your child start the fight." I asked why is she being suspended then? and the answer was to allow the children to cool off. My child came home every day exclaiming how she was not happy because the teacher would let the children take control of the class room. As a parent i attempted to get involved and speak with the principle who initiated she would look into the situation, I never heard back from her.

Wow, I'm a parent of a child in this school and this information alarms me. I know the principal, but I've never seen the assistant principal. I really didn't know they had one. They have what they call an Instructional Specialist, but no Asst. Principal. In fact, I visit this school often have seen teachers tell students things their parents should have told them. Teachers these days have to be instructors, counselors, parents, banks, etc. Sometimes we can eliminate the other roles teachers have to play if parents were more involved. This person writes like an uninvolved parent. This is NOT one of the worst schools in the district.

Last modified Arrowpoint Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.