Public charter
St. Louis, MO

Posted April 30, 2014
PCS continues to exceed our expectations. From caring teachers who take the their down time to text me with a picture of my daughter doing her book report, to a music program that is outstanding! To the involved grandma who posted below, if you are not receiving our parent/family Community e-mails, please leave your name and e-mail with Mrs.Combs at the front desk of the elementary building. Tell her it is for Parent community and she will get it to me. We want to make sure you are well connected. Thanks! Ronda-Parent and parent community communications

St. Louis Charter School 4

Posted April 29, 2014
I am a grandmother of a Kindergarten student at PCS. I volunteer in my granddaughter's class once a week to read with the children. The Kindergarten teacher is excellent - the class day is very well structured and managed, everything is based around learning, and there is support for each child. I also volunteer in one 1st grade class and one 4th grade class. Again, from what I've observed, the teachers are well organized and kind, and the children are busy learning in a happy environment. PCS is a large school and I have only been involved with a small number of classes (3) so I can't comment on every class and every teacher. But I can say the Principal of the Elementary School is excellent, too - she takes the time to show interest in everyone, and she has clearly put together an outstanding group of teachers. From what I have experienced in the 2013-14 school year as a volunteer and an involved grandparent, I am very thankful that my one and only granddaughter is a student at PCS. I feel it is the best place she could be! I have been very impressed with all the creative activities the teachers use to help the students learn.

Posted January 07, 2014
this is a really good school i have been going there for 9 years, kindergarten to 8th. and I played soccer and am in drum line. I love my school so much we won the cheater of the year award. But are school is no longer called st.louis charter school we are know as premier charter school.

Posted September 30, 2013
I have been a parent at St. Louis Charter School since 2002 and this school is a great diverse community full of wonderful teachers & administrators along with a fabulous parent community group. My oldest is in high school now & he reflects back on numerous things he learned at St. Louis Charter School that has helped in high school. I currently have 2 still attending the school & they love the diversity & the attention they receive from their teachers. I would highly recommend St. Louis Charter School to anyone who is in the process of looking for a school for their child. We are a National School of Character winner and I'm proud to be a part of SLCS.

Posted October 02, 2011
What are the qualifications for entering this and other charter schools, cost, childs academics, etc. where the child lives and do you bus to the school from surrounding area. Are low income parents and single parents with low incomes allowed to send their children here and to other charter schools.

Posted September 22, 2011
We have kids elem - 8th at SLCS. We really enjoy the school and quality of education they receive. The middle school teachers are a TEAM. They work well together to support student's success. They go beyond academics and teach the kids to be leaders. My kids have been taught how to take notes and build study habits local colleges use so they are prepared. All of my kids are honor roll students. Teachers are very helpful with transition into high school. The private and magnet school representatives have personally told me they really like working with SLCS and find the students are always a good social fit for their schools.

Posted April 11, 2009

Posted February 06, 2009
I made the switch from St. Louis City public schools to St. Louis Charter two years and it was a great decision. We had a rough start at first, but the more the teachers saw that I was an involved parent, the better the communication became and we became stronger advocates for her education. Now, my daughter is an 8th grader and I absolutely love her 8th grade teachers. They express their concerns, they brag on her, they tell her when they are disappointed in her-and they do it in a nurturing environment so that she doesn't feel threatened. My daughter has excelled academically and she has challenged herself to the point where SHE expects more of herself. The teachers and principals are very easy to talk to with open door policies. I highly recommend this school for anyone who has children in elementary and middle school. Stefanie Moore

Posted August 08, 2008
my daughter has attended this school since 2003 and it is a wonderful school!

St. Louis Charter School
5279 Fyler Ave, St. Louis, MO  63139
Last modified St. Louis Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St. Louis Charter School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top