K-5|Private

Bad
Good

My child is a non-conventional learner and has been thriving at Saul Mirowitz, through the merger and into the new facility. The school has provided personalized attention, small classrooms, and joyful and magical learning environment, and additioinal educational resources for every child that needs them, such as occupational therapy, language therapy, individual CARE team plans for children with challenges in certain areas. Choosing this school has simply been the best decision for our child that we could have made. It is a no-brainer for us- with a schoo like this available in St. Louis, we would never consider not sending our children there. The facilities are fabulous- the food is nutritious and excellent, and the Jewish education provided is diverse and accepting. The academic curriculum, which is a dual Judaic studies and secular curriculum, is challenging and rigorous in math, science, reading, and writing. Very importantly, the students are taught to be good people, to care for others and themselves, to be active in causes that they believe in, and to find meaning in Jewish values. The excellent aftercare programs offer gymnastics, fencing, chess, art, many programs.

We are very fortunate to have Saul Mirowitz Jewish Community Scool in St. Louis. Following the success of gratuates of both Legacy schools , makes it clear that this school prides itself in preparing students to learn how to think , discover their sense of self and become global Jewish citizens. This is the first school of its kind in our country, where children learn to honor timeless traditions and think for themselves.As a parent and an educator I give this school a 5 star rating.

As former parents of a child who attended RJA, we disagree with the 4 & 5 star ratings given to the school. This is not a school for non-conventional learners. We were hoping that the small class sizes and "nurturing" environment advertised would help our child, but instead he received less help than at the public school he previously attended. If your child is not "perfect" and needs help and compassion, why pay the tuition when a good public school can help more? It is sad, but not everyone counted and my child's experience is proof. Also, the after school program is lacking and was usually supervised by a teacher who mostly sat at her desk with her laptop and minimally interacted with the kids.

I am a former parent of one of the Mirowitz legacy schools. All three of my children attended SSDS and it has set the stage for their success on all levels. Educationally, they learned how to learn, and how to love learning. Socially, the small classes enabled them to really figure out who they were and how to relate to others, because EVERYONE counted; no one was peripheral. Morally, it set their respective compasses to constantly evaluate their lives and their world in terms of the values they learned. We will always be gratefull for the wonderful experiences they had there. The merger is bringing together the best of both schools.

Having moved from out of state, Mirowitz was the one of the best decisions we made for our children and our family. The community of parents, teachers, and students is so warm and welcoming and made our transition to a new city much easier. Aside from stellar academics, Mirowitz continues to teach our children to be respectful and thoughtful of others and of the world around them. The school instills confidence and a moral compass in each student that I know will serve them well long after they leave Mirowitz. The teachers make each moment of teaching meaningful and relevant. They take the time to celebrate and value the individuality of each student. We could not be happier with our decision to be at Mirowitz and feel a community Jewish day school in St. Louis is long overdue!

Reform Jewish Academy and Solomon Schechter Day School merged last year to Saul Mirowitz Jewish Community School, and this year (2012-2013) is the first where the kids are together on the same campus. We couldn't be happier with the school staff, teachers and community of families. We love having Hebrew and Judaics part of the kids daily curriculum. My children don't want to miss a day of school!

Jewish day school was never part of our plan. We moved to our neighborhood because of the great public schools. Thankfully, we went to visit the school and saw that there was simply no comparison. My children are now graduates, and they are better learners, confident leaders and kinder human beings because of their years spent there. Mazel tov to RJA and SSDS for coming together under great leadership! Students, families and the entire community will benefit from this vibrant pluralistic Jewish independent school!

Amazing how much can be done in so little time when people come together! A major challenge it has been to combine two schools from two communities BUT WHAT A SUCCESS IT HAS BEEN THUS FAR!!! Thanks to amazing teachers, amazing administration/leadership and open-minded and trusting parents who understand that taking two great things and putting them together to make something even greater is not work that is done quickly. I'm proud to be part of this nationally recognized journey towards creating one amazing Jewish community school!

Aside from marrying my husband and having my children, choosing 'Mirowitz' for our kids was the best decision I have ever made. SMJCS has taught our children to be lovers of learning, kind human beings and children who are proud and passionate about their heritage. From organic and locally grown lunches to programs that foster leadership and social action skills, we absolutely love that every child is celebrated and cherished as an important part of the school community.

Mirowitz is the best decision I ever made for my son. At Mirowitz, he benefits from a challenging, individualized and innovative curriculum, experiential learning and opportunities to learn about and do social justice. The exciting Jewish education honors all levels of observance. The teachers are fabulous, and the head of school is caring and competent. I have complete confidence in her and the other leaders of our school. The merger created an opportunity to bring together a great team of teachers from both schools and to welcome great new teachers. I cannot imagine a more meaningful childhood for my son. The families who commented previously should have stayed around after the merger. They, too, would have been "amazed" had they given the new school a chance.

Last modified Saul Mirowitz Day School-Reform Jewish Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-5