Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

I have 2 children enrolled in the Spanish School now, and my oldest completed 5th grade last year. I love the rigorous IB curriculum, which asks big questions and challenges them to think and learn. I was amazed to learn at our recent teacher conferences that both of our kids are reading above grade level...in both English and Spanish! The teachers are so dedicated and wonderful, and Directora Arlene is amazing.

The Spanish school has done an amazing job teaching my daughter a second language. She enjoys going there every day!

I have two kids at the Spanish School and we absolutely love it. They are recieving an excellent education and learning a second language. The teachers are warm and dedicated and the Head of School does an amazing job maintaining high standards for her students and staff. My kids love coming to school everyday and they are excited to learn. This school provides an amazing opportunity for the kids of St. Louis.

The Spanish learning is excellent. Though some teachers are outstanding, most teachers are normal/average, good, but not great. The the leadership at the school level has proven excellent and reliable. If we can stabilize the organization in the way the head of school is stable, we will be in good shape.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

They are all excellent at making students proficient at speaking and reading Spanish at grade level. Some are great teachers, and improve kids' reading and math levels beyond grade level. Some are average/good, and they are not making outstanding gains in kids reading.math levels.

Amount of homework: Agree

Keep it coming. The 8 pages weekly is just right, especially with the grade-level reading comprehension.

The Spanish School has made amazing improvements over the years. My eldest child graduated 5th grade there and is succeeding at a gifted middle school and my youngest is currently in third grade and loves it! Students are challenged not only to learn another language, but also to inquire and ask questions about their world. Students are exposed to many different cultures and people from all over the world. I am continually impressed with what the Spanish School has created and offered, despite all the challenges of being an under-funded, charter school.

I really wanted to love this school. I understood the importance of my daughter age 5 learning a second language but the class sizes are just too big and one day my daughter's kindergarten teacher was left alone. The teachers were so kind and wonderful but lacking support from the administration. The materials like center activities were old and the hyper kids in the room couldn't focus on anything whenever I came in. They just ran around yelling in the class. I disnerolled her and put her in The Soulard School. It has a sliding scale tuition and well worth it. My daughter loves that school.

My son has attended sllis since kindergarten. He is more I'm the 4th grade and IBM beginning to notice that this school is falling him. My son started with a strong early childhood education and its sad to say that sllis has not complimented that. The founder of the schools children are not attending the school, that speaks volumes to me! My guess for the school and my child future in it have diminished. The staff blames everthing on the children instead of the lack of them to assert themselves. The foundation of education is language based and my child has not shared any profoundly newly learned material with me. I believe that he and his classmates are now at a disadvantage for attending this school NOT an ADVANTAGE as I onced believed early own. I'm pulling him from the school to attend pricate school. Although I can't afford it... I'd rather sacrifice my finances than my child's edication!

We have been at St. Louis Language Immersions Schools-The Spanish School for 4 years. I am very satisfied with our children's education. It's amazing to see them learning a second language and learning through the International Baccalaureate Programme. Every year our school grows and expands and the administration and staff do a fantastic job. We are lucky to have a school like this in St. Louis!

Last modified St.Louis Spanish Immersion School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.