Posted August 02, 2013
Great curriculum, great teachers and staff. They really want the children to be successful. I do recommend Ferguson Middle School for quality education.

Posted April 01, 2009
I am a parent and a teacher at FMS. I visited this site to see what other parents felt about our school. I noticed many of our ratings are from more than two years ago. I think our school has made great strides since 2006. Our scores are up on the MAP, and we have a very safe school. When I read the reviews of district schools, I see the same complaint: we have forgotten the role of setting standards for our childrens' progress and allowed the state to set our goals. My child enjoys success in this school atmosphere, but too many kids will not. Teachers and students feel that disruptive kids get too many breaks, and productive kids get too few rewards. Our kids need real support against negative forces in their school day. Our district should stand by its expectations for student success, behavior, and achievement.

Posted May 09, 2007

Ferguson Middle School 1

Posted February 02, 2006
I'm not impressed with Ferguson Middle. This Team Teaching environment has the students against each other...like small gangs(i.e. they have nasty nick-names for each team Dirty Dolphins & Musty Mustangs ). I also think the teachers are rude (one teacher told my child she just didn t like him as a person ). My overall suggestion is for everyone to get together and remember the students are there to learn and not have fun. I look forward to child leaving this school.

Posted November 01, 2004
I must say I am very happy with the Ferguson school distric. My family moved here from the city where my children attended city schools shortly until I could get them into a magnet school program. They did fairly well but the schools were still packed,dirty,and full of violance and ignorance. Here in Ferguson my child is able to get alot of one on one attention and has been able to excel. THe parents and the teachers work together here. The only thing that I can even began to suggest to the school distric is to try and get some football programs in place for middle schools other than flag football. I am a very pleased with Ferguson school distric and you and your child would be too. Come on out of the city for that special attention without paying private school prices.

Posted May 14, 2004
My son came from a very small private school when he started attending Ferguson Middle. His previous school could sit inside Ferguson Middle twice and have room left over. He is a shy child and I thought he would be intimidated with the change in enviroment and large student population and fade into the background. I was wrong. He has an excellent team of teachers who recognized his potential and helped him not only to come out of his shell, but to achieve academically. The teachers have always had time to speak with me when I have felt a need to meet with them and have kept me well informed on my sons progress along the way. They didn't necessarily wait for report cards of progress reports. If they felt I needed to know something they called me. Every teacher on my sons team put the students first.

Ferguson Middle School
70 January Ave, St. Louis, MO  63135
Last modified Ferguson Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ferguson Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top