Fairmount Elementary School 1

Posted June 25, 2012
This school is a poor excuse. The office staff are rude and say demeaning things to the parents. The children are not properly watched after while on the playground. We moved just to get my children out of this horrible school.

Posted January 24, 2012
I have now had 4 kids at Fairmount elementary and overall I have been very pleased. My kids have had 8 teachers and there was only one I had problems with and the school granted my request for my second son not to have her. Other than that one teacher my kids have always looked forward to going to school and I feel the teachers have done a good job in educating them. I like that students do not have excess of homework and there is plenty of time to get homework done. For example my son is in second grade and he gets a homework sheet on Monday that is due the next Monday and he needs to do 4 of them but it doesn't matter which nights it is done. If we end up having a really busy evening and don't have time to get to the homework until the next night it isn't a big deal. I researched schools very carefully and visited the school before we started house hunting and was impressed with the school and looked for a house that went to it.

Fairmount Elementary School 3

Posted December 28, 2011
I went here from kindergarten in 2004 through 5th grade. (which ended in 2010) The school was one of my favorite places to go until the new principal came along. He's very inexperienced and treats everyone like a 2 year old. He's rather arrogant. The teachers and other staff are great, especially my 5th grade teacher. He was the only one besides my 4th grade teacher that recognized that I needed a challenge. They wouldn't let me into their challenge program even though I got good grades and all the test scores were above 95%. This year I took the ACT test 5 years early and got a 62th percentile among everyone who takes it, including adults. So I'm still left wondering why they don't accept gifted kids into that program. A loss for both the school and the students.

Fairmount Elementary School 1

Posted April 17, 2011
There are simply not enough adjectives to describe how poorly run this school is both academically and administratively. Although the new principal has made improvements, the whole system is failing to adequately educate the students on every grade level. Highly disappointed with the experience of this school.

Posted October 25, 2010
We have been involved with this school for 6 years now with both of our boys being enrolled since Kindergarten. Every teacher, counselor and adminstrator has been great! We've been so pleased and comforted by the fact that the teachers are so caring and encourage very open communication b/w the parents and teachers. I've spent many days volunteering in my son's classrooms over the last 6 years and love every minute of it. Our children have also been involved with the gifted program through the district and are pleased that such a program is offered to challenge our kids more in their academics.

Posted April 24, 2010
Fairmount has been an incredible school for both os my children. Both of them attended the full day pre-school program. My oldest child has had some behavioral and emotional issues. I cannot thank the staff, teachers and counselors enough for all that they have done for our family in helping with our son. He has made tremendous improvements this year. And, as a matter of fact, yesterday I received a phone call from his P.E. teacher telling me what a great student my son has been recently. Everyone at thi school truly cares about the students and helping them excel in all aspects of their lives.

Fairmount Elementary School 0

Posted April 20, 2010
They have a great staff, a very caring principal and fun and educational before and after school program for their students. The new principal has instituted a 'P.R.I.D.E.' program which all students seem to recognize and participate in. P.ositive and Accountable --R.eady to Learn -- I.nsist on Your Personal Best -- D.ependable and Respectable -- E.courage Others To Do The Right Thing. You can see great strides in the attitudes and caring of both students and staff in their school.

Posted October 29, 2009
Due to the economical decline I could not afford to put my daughter in a parochial school and she has just started kindergarden at Fairmount. I am continually amazed at the strong curriculum she is learning as well as the excellent environment she is immerced in. You can really tell all the teachers are in a very good work environment and pass on their possitive outlook to the children.

Posted August 15, 2009

Posted July 18, 2008
This school is wonderful. I can not explain in words how this school is. I have 2 young boys one that has a diagnosis of high functioning autisum and another with social issues. They were close to failing at their old school. But here they are getting the extra attention that they need. The staff here is wonderful and will do what ever it takes to help.

Fairmount Elementary School
1725 Thoele Rd, St. Peters, MO  63376
Last modified Fairmount Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fairmount Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top