St. Peters, MO

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 2

Posted May 21, 2014
I have children here and at St.Peters so I will try to not write the exact same, though it is similar in nature. This school has the same issues in lack luster teacher motivation, however I have seen the Principal Mr.Moore at events and greeting children more than any of the rest of the facility. Even the admin staff is short and curt with children and parents alike. Teachers are permitted to review children at end of term using phrases like "they mess up a lot then suddenly the lightbulb goes off". My daughter's teacher mentioned at our first conference she hates the new curriculum but they are forced to do it so she does what she has to so they get by. Because we move for work, our kids get to experience different schools and teaching styles and unfortunately this has not been a good experience this year for them.

Posted August 29, 2010
I am very happy with the education my son is getting at Lewis & Clark Elementary. He is in his 2nd year at the school and he was just as excited to attend this year as last. The principal is very involved in everything that goes on at the school and the atmosphere is very positive. I am pleased with the teachers, curriculum, the amount of homework (never too much), and the overall learning environment.

Posted January 27, 2009
It is a great comfort to me and my husband to have our child attending Lewis and Clark. The atmosphere is so friendly and inviting. I visit the school often and I'm always impressed with the student activities and academics taking place. The teachers are great! The principal seems to genuinly care about the students and the families of this community. We need more schools like Lewis and Clark!

Posted September 01, 2008
With 'No Child Left Behind' and many schools not making AYP, parents are now given the option to send kids to other schools in the district. I wouldn't move my child to any other school in the district. The education, guidance, nurturing, and climate at Lewis and Clark is superior. I have had 3 of my children go through this school and my last child is now in the 3rd grade. The welcoming environment in the office and throughout the building is evident every time I visit. The teachers work very hard making sure students needs are met. The principal shows great leadership and awareness of the people in the community and their needs. I am proud to say that my child attends Lewis and Clark Elementary.

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2007
I'm looking forward to the beginning of school as my child will be attending Lewis and Clark Elementary for his third year. I appreciate the way the teachers nurture and encourage the students. Since my child has attended this school he has made great progress. I like the individual attention that is given to students no matter what their abilities. The administrator is a great asset to the school as she really takes a personal interest in the students. I feel fortunate to have my child attending a school with people that really care.

Posted April 11, 2007
My child has a disability and has not always felt accepted at other schools. Since she has been at Lewis and Clark her attitude has changed about school. She now loves going to school and she feels good about herself. I know that a great deal of credit goes to the principal and staff. I can't thank the principal enough for all she did to make sure that my child got her needs met. She went out of her way to get us the help we needed. This school is lead with great values, love and nurturing of students. I have also been inpressed with the teachers and their ability to make learning fun. Thanks for all you do to make a difference in the lives of children.

Posted March 26, 2007

Posted March 14, 2007
I love this school! The minute you enter the building you can feel the positive and friendly atmosphere. The children are treated with respect and the principal and teachers really care about helping students. It's nice to know that my child is in a safe and nurturing enviroment every day.

Posted March 13, 2007
I am very impressed with the teachers, staff and principal at my childrens school. We moved here from Chicago a couple of years ago and the change in schools has been wonderful. Two of my children attend Lewis and Clark and they love it! My children have received a great education and everyone is so friendly and willing to help. The atmoshpere is friendly and welcoming. I am impressed with the leadership and the caring staff at Lewis and Clark.

Lewis & Clark Elementary School 3

Posted March 08, 2007

Lewis & Clark Elementary School
460 McMenamy Rd, St. Peters, MO  63376
Last modified Lewis & Clark Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lewis & Clark Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top