Posted March 04, 2014
My daughter graduated from FZS in 2011. My only complaint about the entire school system/district would be how absolutely worthless the guidance councelors are. I have no idea why they are there, but providing guidance is not their function. A large budget item that could be put to better use.

Ft. Zumwalt South High School 4

Posted February 12, 2012
I graduated from Fort Zumwalt South last year. I feel that the school is trying to become a better school, but is ill equipped. The entire Zumwalt district is broke, but they are trying to manage with what little money they do have. Since I have graduated, I have heard that the school has gotten more AP classes for the more talented kids. Although I had some pretty good teachers, I also had some very lousy teachers that demanded respect, but never gave the students any. In the past five years the school has gone through many changes including a colossal down size and big faculty changes. Not only did they go through a down size, but they had some big faculty changes including two new vice principals, but they got a new head principal. At first I was hesitant to these changes, but the new head principal improved the scores to the EXIT exams that replaced the MAP tests back in 2009 or 2010. If you are looking to send your teenager to South then I would have to say that over all it is a good school. Just make sure that this school fits the needs of your kid and not yourself!

Posted September 14, 2011
Just asking while attending a sporting event at your school. When the national anthem is sung. The people have to face the grand stand broadcast tower where there is a little metal flag wired to the building. It would be a lot better if there was a cloth flag where people can see it

Posted February 16, 2011
Going to South High I not only realize that the school is ill equipped with the proper staff needed to function a proper high school but, also when it comes down to making decisions the management lacks the skills to do so. Not to mention the fights and yelling that takes place in the hallway. Their sports team are horrible with the exception of their baseball team. I am just glad my parents decided to get out of there and transfer me to West High.

Posted January 23, 2011
Over the last few years, South has changed a lot. South used to be over crowded, but since the school district built East High, it is now the smallest of the 4 main high schools. The lower student population allows for smaller class sizes. South High received the highest Exist exam scores in the Saint Louis area. South is also introducing more advanced and AP classes every year. The students at south have multiply opportunities to join sports, after school clubs ranging from choirs and bands to student council and NHS, and to participate in South's excellent theatric department. The most of the teachers at South do care about the students and are willing to help after or even before school. The principles are nice and just do their jobs, but the guidance counselors are absolutely terrible. The counselors are little to no help and you would make more progress by just going straight to one of the principals or teachers if you are ever in need of help. The guidance councilors are basically "glorified schedulers".

Posted August 03, 2009

Ft. Zumwalt South High School 4

Posted May 24, 2009
Big but small enough to have a friendly feel. Relax and friendly feel as you walk into the doors as a parent. My 3 kids are there have love it. They have a lot of school spirit.

Ft. Zumwalt South High School 0

Posted March 16, 2009
My son is a freshman this year and not only has his expierence been a wonderful one as a parent I think Dr. Weir and the staff, teachers and coaches are doing an excellent job. I feel they really care about the sucess of the students. It is a positive enviroment and I feel very lucky my child is part of this fantastic schoo.

Posted February 27, 2009

Ft. Zumwalt South High School 3

Posted February 18, 2009

Ft. Zumwalt South High School
8050 Mexico Rd, St. Peters, MO  63376
Last modified Ft. Zumwalt South High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ft. Zumwalt South High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top