St. Charles, MO

Academy Of The Sacred Heart 2

Posted August 24, 2015
I graduated from ASH in 1990. The ASH I attended is not the school that exists today. A member of my family now attends and my how things have changed! Yes, the education is still solid, but the homogeneous environment ASH has engineered is very disappointing. The kids have an over developed sense of entitlement. The manners that appear to have been engrained in these students quickly dissolves when an opportunity to belittle kids with less means presents itself. They're cutting down many of the old growth trees on the campus and replacing them with a parking lot. The coup de grace (pun intended) is they're dropping the French program, which in my mind closes the book on the ASH of old. Save $11k and teach your child how to say "good morning" to adults on your own. This is not the ASH of old.

Posted October 25, 2013
ASH-Academy of The Sacred Heart is TOP NOTCH. I have relocated all over the USA with my husband profession. We have always sent our children to Private Schools; this is by far the best. The students are well challenged in each subject by an energetic teaching staff (most multi-degreed), they know how to educate and inspire students, and genuinely care. This school is efficiently run by an strong administrative staff, headed by Sister Glavin an open-minded Nun who knows all the students by name, it is delightful to consistently see the children run up to her for a hug. The staff respect and adore her leadership. The school "Cornerstone" of all Sacred Heart Academy Schools System throughout the world -very unique system since they are independent of Rome. ASH nurtures each student's character and development, they push the student academically and offer Gender specific classroom in 6-8th class (grades). NO snobby parents here at all - leave that nonsense up to the wanna bees. Their sports program is run very well - so is the band, Spanish, French & Arts program. Well worth the investment in your child. Beautiful clean campus. Well prepared for high school.

Posted December 05, 2012
I LOVE this school...everything about it. I disagree with the comment above regarding the inability to differentiate in curriculum. We chose the academy for that very reason. Our son has a very high IQ and is challenged regularly at ASH, whereas he was extremely bored in public school. It shows in his excitement for learning and personal love for the school. Additionally, the bar is set high and they teach children up, not to the lowest common denominator. Believing in the children, their well beings and abilities is the greatest thing about ASH.

Posted June 13, 2012
I graduated this year, and I will miss the Academy a lot! Having gone here since Pre-Primary (Pre-K) at the age of four, and graduating from 8th class as a young lady of 14, I feel that this school is the main reason I am truly a young lady, not only in name, but in mannerism and character also. The teacher would always tell us, "When you pass an adult in the hall, you step to the right, and say 'Good Morning/Afternoon' with a smile." We learned not only courtesy, but book knowledge and the common sense to draw understanding from the information we learned; as an eighth grader, this type of education opened many doors and provided many opportunities for me in high school, and I'm sure the skills I learned will help me beyond that in life. We also had teachers that were both teachers, role models, and approachable people who were willing to help. these teachers were always full of enthusiasm about their class subject, and the subject of our school's history (which is quite extensive). The traditions, the history, the kind people, and the unique character of this school is what made it my home for 10 yrs., and I know even now, when I am not a student, I will still have a place here.

Posted April 17, 2011
I miss this school so much. I graduated last year. To me, this place is my home. I went there from primary to 8th grade, and it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. Everyone in my class is like my brothers and sisters, and we do our best to stay in touch. The academics are amazing. I probably learned more in a month there than I have in a year at my high school. The teachers are great, and Mrs. Hopper was the best principal ever. I'm so grateful we go to have her for our last year there.

Posted April 11, 2009
As a 7th grade student I have seen just about everything there is to see about the Academy, except the 8th grade classrooms, of course :). The curriculum is very challenging, and an average student here would be an A student anywhere else. I'm convinced this is the best school out there! So don't go to Borromeo across the street. Come to ASH! You'll love it! So much!

Academy Of The Sacred Heart

Posted June 05, 2008
After being involved in the school for over 8 years we found it necessary to take our children out and place them in a public school environment. The school is not equipped to teach to children of all abilities. They cannot teach to a child who is behind or ahead of the class. They must be at the same ability as the rest. They have no differentiated education plan.

Posted December 18, 2006
Both of my children received a quality instrumental music education at The Academy of the Sacred Heart in St. Charles. They studied with Frank Goessler and both went on to qualify for the St. Louis District Concert Band, Jazz Band and Orchestra. They both were members of the All-Sate Ensembles all four years of high school, and both received college scholarships. Their travels to musical events while in high school and college, took them not only all over the United States, but to Canada the Netherlands, and Prague. All of their musical endeavors can be traced to the fundamentals that were provided at Sacred Heart Academy and their music teachers.

Posted December 05, 2006
Indeed, the Academy of the Sacred Heart is the standard to which I compare all others. I attended the Academy from Pre-Primary through 8th Class. From day one, the school teaches discipline, respect for others/elders, politeness, and responsibility -- and it all continues for the remaining 10 years. Even in college, I found myself saying 'Thank you' to each professor after each class. In my own words, the Academy implements a curriculum based on self-discipline and rigorous academics. The Academy alone prepared me for life more than my high school and college years combined. In fact, I am most grateful for my mastery of the English language, exceptional writing abilities, and articulate communication skills that it has given me. Even the after-school athletic programs are first-rate (champs in track&field/volleyball/basketball/etc.) -- they prepare students for competitive high school sports. ASH is the epitome of excellence. My kids will be Academy kids.

Posted March 28, 2006
As an Academy graduate, I must say that there are not enough superlatives to accurately describe this school. I quite literally learned more by 8th grade than I learned in my senior year of college at a supposedly top-flight private university. The Academy is academically challenging and tradition rich. During my eight years there, I developed an unparalleled skill set for the rest of my life. I am one of the top professionals in my field thanks to the Academy's foundation of logical analysis, cross-disciplinary approach to the topic at hand, and a mastery of the English language. We were also taught to be polite and well-mannered at all times and to participate in the world around us through the school's various events and fundraisers. This is, in my humble opinion, the finest school in the nation, and the model by which others should be measured. -Michelle Wallis

Academy Of The Sacred Heart
619 North 2nd Street, St. Charles, MO  63301
Last modified Academy Of The Sacred Heart is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Academy Of The Sacred Heart Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top