PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Exceptional teachers. High, rigorous standards. A unique, nurturing atmosphere that equips students with the tools to be self-reflective, accountable, and empathetic towards others. Our experience at The Academy has been over-the-top exceptional, and my children absolutely love their school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Incredibly effective teachers. ASH is an Independent School (NAIS), and teachers do whatever it takes to help students. Whether it is building a unique, personalized learning plan or seeking out alternate learning venues for students, the teachers know what they are doing at The Academy! They are committed professionals, and we are so blessed to be there!

Amount of homework: Agree

Homework is rigorous at ASH - there is no doubt about that. But more than teaching ASH children about the subject matter, the large homework load is teaching them grit and accountability.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Look at the 5 Goals of all (Network) Sacred Heart Schools. Honesty, Integrity are inculcated within ASH students

I graduated from ASH in 1990. The ASH I attended is not the school that exists today. A member of my family now attends and my how things have changed! Yes, the education is still solid, but the homogeneous environment ASH has engineered is very disappointing. The kids have an over developed sense of entitlement. The manners that appear to have been engrained in these students quickly dissolves when an opportunity to belittle kids with less means presents itself. They're cutting down many of the old growth trees on the campus and replacing them with a parking lot. The coup de grace (pun intended) is they're dropping the French program, which in my mind closes the book on the ASH of old. Save $11k and teach your child how to say "good morning" to adults on your own. This is not the ASH of old.

ASH-Academy of The Sacred Heart is TOP NOTCH. I have relocated all over the USA with my husband profession. We have always sent our children to Private Schools; this is by far the best. The students are well challenged in each subject by an energetic teaching staff (most multi-degreed), they know how to educate and inspire students, and genuinely care. This school is efficiently run by an strong administrative staff, headed by Sister Glavin an open-minded Nun who knows all the students by name, it is delightful to consistently see the children run up to her for a hug. The staff respect and adore her leadership. The school "Cornerstone" of all Sacred Heart Academy Schools System throughout the world -very unique system since they are independent of Rome. ASH nurtures each student's character and development, they push the student academically and offer Gender specific classroom in 6-8th class (grades). NO snobby parents here at all - leave that nonsense up to the wanna bees. Their sports program is run very well - so is the band, Spanish, French & Arts program. Well worth the investment in your child. Beautiful clean campus. Well prepared for high school.

I LOVE this school...everything about it. I disagree with the comment above regarding the inability to differentiate in curriculum. We chose the academy for that very reason. Our son has a very high IQ and is challenged regularly at ASH, whereas he was extremely bored in public school. It shows in his excitement for learning and personal love for the school. Additionally, the bar is set high and they teach children up, not to the lowest common denominator. Believing in the children, their well beings and abilities is the greatest thing about ASH.

I graduated this year, and I will miss the Academy a lot! Having gone here since Pre-Primary (Pre-K) at the age of four, and graduating from 8th class as a young lady of 14, I feel that this school is the main reason I am truly a young lady, not only in name, but in mannerism and character also. The teacher would always tell us, "When you pass an adult in the hall, you step to the right, and say 'Good Morning/Afternoon' with a smile." We learned not only courtesy, but book knowledge and the common sense to draw understanding from the information we learned; as an eighth grader, this type of education opened many doors and provided many opportunities for me in high school, and I'm sure the skills I learned will help me beyond that in life. We also had teachers that were both teachers, role models, and approachable people who were willing to help. these teachers were always full of enthusiasm about their class subject, and the subject of our school's history (which is quite extensive). The traditions, the history, the kind people, and the unique character of this school is what made it my home for 10 yrs., and I know even now, when I am not a student, I will still have a place here.

I miss this school so much. I graduated last year. To me, this place is my home. I went there from primary to 8th grade, and it was probably the best thing that ever happened to me. Everyone in my class is like my brothers and sisters, and we do our best to stay in touch. The academics are amazing. I probably learned more in a month there than I have in a year at my high school. The teachers are great, and Mrs. Hopper was the best principal ever. I'm so grateful we go to have her for our last year there.

As a 7th grade student I have seen just about everything there is to see about the Academy, except the 8th grade classrooms, of course :). The curriculum is very challenging, and an average student here would be an A student anywhere else. I'm convinced this is the best school out there! So don't go to Borromeo across the street. Come to ASH! You'll love it! So much!

Last modified Academy Of The Sacred Heart is a Private school that serves grades PK-8