No rating

Zion Lutheran School

Private | PK-8

Living in St. Charles

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $177,200. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,080.

In the know: Get our expert advice on schools

No articles are available

Posted October 10, 2013

I am a public school teacher and knew that I wanted my child to attend a private, Christian school. After searching the area and going to multiple open houses, we chose Zion for the Parent's Day Out program and now, for Preschool. We happily drive out of our way for this excellent school. My daughter, only in Preschool, has been involved with a multi-step long term project. She has also excelled in her social skills and her writing and pre-reading skills. The teachers have set up blogs to make it easy for me to keep abreast of what is happening each day in the classroom. Because of this use of technology, it helps us feel like we are right there learning in her classroom, and really helps with our afterschool talks. Just yesterday my daughter came back telling me the Science Center came and did experiments and made snow in the classroom. I can't speak more highly of the academics and positivity in this school.

Posted December 9, 2011

Simply the best. I could go on and on about Zion. Both of our kids went through Zion and then onto Lutheran High where both excelled. Lutheran High is the highest ACT high school in St. Charles County. Zion is a tough school but very fair. Teaches great studying discipline. A good amount of homework. Very caring, personable school. Our oldest is now in a doctorate program and the other first year in a tough program. Both were 4..0+ students and no question that their success in high school was tied to their early years. It is well worth the investment.

Posted August 2, 2011

My child attends Zion's Parent's Day Out program and I have never had a concern about the safety of my child. I also find that the staff is always letting me know how my child is doing. I love that my child has fun at school and comes home singing songs about Jesus!

Posted March 4, 2011

My child enjoys going to school in Zion's Parents' Day Out program, but I have some serious concerns about safety and daily communication with families concerning toddler daily activities. I've conveyed my concerns...and while they usually improve for a time, it happens again. Doors are left unlocked, and children are unsupervised.

Posted November 17, 2010

Funny. That review about the church not allowing female pastors and elders is one of the things, among others, that tipped the scale for us TOWARD Zion. Zion was running dead even for us with another local Lutheran school. But that review told us that Zion is serious about God's word, whether we would make that choice or not. Zion believes that God is the final authority in our lives, not current cultural tastes. What a breath of fresh air! Our son attends Full Day K at Zion. Wow! We cannot imagine being more impressed with the school and with his teacher, the amazing Miss Limback! She truly has a gift from God for teaching and dealing with the little ones. We are thrilled with the school. The church is actually not quite traditional Lutheran enough for us, not that they're doing anything wrong, it's just not our preference. But, it's probably the most traditional LCMS big church w/ school in St Chas county... just a little too mod for us. Still... GREAT SCHOOL!!! Your kids will flourish there!

Posted June 15, 2010

This is an excellent school. We transferred to Zion after sending our kids to another Lutheran School in the area. It is an incredible learning environment with Christian values. The teachers are superb and really work the the children to make learning fun!. The principle is dynamic and a role model to all children. We can't be happeir!

Posted January 24, 2006

Our children have been blessed with a wonderful christian and academic education at Zion. Zion's (5th - 8th grade)music program includes beginning and concert band, Jubilant Voice and Joyful Noise Choirs. Grades PS through 4th offer music as part of their classroom curriculum. Art is taught in the student's individual classrooms. Our parents are extremely involved in school, whether helping teachers copying necessary materials for their classroom, helping out at school sponsored events or in the school office. Our parents are always willing to help out! I believe there are many schooling choices in the St. Charles County area, but by far Zion is at the top of our list!

Posted January 23, 2006

Zion is a wonderful school. Our daughter attended Zion during her junior high years. It is a great place to educate a child. We can't say enough good things about the school. Great teachers and staff whose love for a child shows daily.

Posted July 2, 2005

GREAT school, my children graduated from here. They teach you you can do anything. The sky is the limit for everyone. They teach you about God and how he plays a role in everything you do. Everything is to his glory. They are expanding and getting nothing but better. It is well worth the extra money to go. The staff is first rate from the pastors to the teachers. They challenge your children not just passify them for a day. I recommend this school if you have children with ambition and drive and motivation.

Posted September 13, 2004

We had our daughter at Zion k-3. It is Missouri Synod. Very conservative with values that differ than ours. For example, females are not allowed to be pastors or elders in the church. Not a good example when raising a daughter.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 2% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3866 Old Highway North