St. Joseph Christian School

Private | PK-12 | 274 students

Living in St. Joseph

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $152,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $620.

Sweep tile

Posted August 1, 2009

We have had our kids attend SJCS for the past 12 years, and cannot think of a better place for them to be educated! The staff truly cares, and the parents are highly encouraged to be a part of their children's education process through field trips, and class projects. We feel blessed that there is this school right here in St. Joseph as an option for Christian families.

Posted April 15, 2009

I have had two sons graduate from SJCS and I have one more still there. My sons attended a good public school for eleven years, so I think I can make a good evaluation of this school compared to public education. The public education was free but came with a price; if my childs eternal destiny was considered, the public school was extremely expensive. They taught evolution, homosexual tolerance, and a secular worldview. They were intolerant of any teacher who might use a Bibical reference to make an ethical point. At SJCS, my boys were streched and grown spiritually beyond what I could have expected. The chapels were tremendous and both of my sons were chosen to lead Bible small groups. The teachers are Christ dedicated (99% of them, at least, I believe) and do a great job of teaching every subject from a God-centered prospective. No contest!

Posted April 13, 2009

Though not perfect, SJCS is the best school in town! I especially want to thank the board, administration and teachers and parent volunteers for all they do to make our school such a great place for my family. I thank the Lord for SJCS! Never lose your 'Jesus first' perspective.

Posted April 4, 2009

The education is fair- I have never had a child in public school- but when a teacher told me that she tried to adjust my childs grade so that she could 'earn' an A for that quarter- I had a problem. If my child didn't earn an A- don't give it to them. I TOTALLY AGREE with the statements made about how if you have money or your grandparents have money- then you aren't going to be disciplined the same as the other kids. SJCS is turning into a PRIVATE SCHOOL with a Christian Cirriculum, instead of a Christ focused school. It is all about the money. Parents aren't allowed to attend school board meetings and you have to be invited to be on the school board. So the average Joe that is outspoken isn't going to be invited to be on the board. My heart breaks for this school

Posted October 29, 2008

My children not only received a top-knotch academic education, they grew in thier faith and were able to communicate that faith once they went away to college. In my experience, they had ample opportunities to excel in extra curricular activities and felt they were better prepared for thier college experience than most of thier college friends coming from the public schools. Perfect? of course not. The best I have seen so far? ABSOLUTELY! It is worth every penny and more.

Posted September 1, 2008

After attending this school for 12 years, I can honestly say I would not suggest this school. Is the education a cut above the rest? Hardly. The math and science department were strong, but the english, history and the highly neglected arts programs were lackluster. As far as a Christian environment, rules and religion are highly mixed. This school did not facilitate my spiritual growth. If anything, it inhibited it, because I was so angry with the corrupt leaders of the school at the time when I was a student. Certain students were heavily favored and they never were disciplined for blatant infractions. Until the school spends more time and money on important issues of the school, I cannot suggest this school for any perspective parent. Take your child to a public school, where they will have opportunities to express themselves and be involved in activities they

Posted June 10, 2007

I attended SJCS for 12 years and I had a lot of great experinces, but unfortunatly I had more bad experiences then good. If you are open minded and have opinions this is not the place for you. If you are interested in Math or Science SJCS is a great school, but when it came to Art, History, and English I must say that they failed miseralbly. In college I had a lot of catching up to do because of how SJCS failed. From my experience if you are not the cookie cutter Christian that they want you to be you will struggle!! I hope things have improved since I graduated, but unfortunatly I do not believe that they have.
—Submitted by a student

Posted June 5, 2007

I think saint joseph christian is the best school i have ever seen in my life! not only does it talk about God but it also teaches academics! all the kids i have met there are all bright and fun.

Posted December 18, 2006

St. Joseph Christian School has provided my children with an excellent Biblical and Academic Education. Is it perfect? No. No place is perfect this side of heaven. My children have grown spiritually and academically at St. Joseph Christian. I am thankful for the school and a staff that considers discipling children to be their ministry.

Posted September 20, 2006

we are students at sjcs.... seniors to be exact! yay! ok, well, although this school isn't perfect, it is a wonderful place to get a high quality education and grow spiritually. it has influenced us a lot. the environment is so much better here than a worldly environment somewhere else. also, if you are going to complain you should stand behind your comment and put your name! ;) thanks have a nice day! go lions!
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 6, 2006

I am the Dad of three students. A Senior,Sophomore and a 5th Grader. We have been involved with the school for 13 years. My wife and I wanted the best education that we could provide for our kids. Is St. Joseph Christian perfect? The answer is no. But it clearly a cut above. The teachers are there because they love to teach. Many parents are heavily involved as they want to see the school successful.The tuition doesn't keep us from eating and living indoors.I don't beleave there is a 5 star school this side of Heaven so my responce is a solid 4 stars based on the last 13 years of experience.

Posted June 20, 2006

The school is awesome, the circulium is great, the teachers and staff are wonderful and very caring. It's a wonderful Christian atmosphere and we are so very blest to have this school in St. Joseph!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted May 29, 2006

I went to this school and I will tell you it was not a school I would ever want to go back to. The some teachers are great, you feel like they realy care about the students Coach R, Mrs Pedersen,Coach M some others. But then there are some that dont. The school used to be based on the Christian values, now however, it is all based on how much money you have in your checking account. Which is totally the wrong way. And they dont disipline like they should. They favor the more wealthy students as well as some of the teachers children. I went there and I would never consider sending my kids there. I know what goes on behind those doors. And I am not proud to say I went there. I got the one thing i needed from them, my diploma thats all.

Posted February 21, 2006

I had a child attend St. Joseph Christian School from grade school through high school graduation. I have seen firsthand how things are done and what things are important to the school. I can honestly say that the education my child recieved at the school prepared my child for college. However, that said I also saw how the school influenced my child. The school tends to focus more on rules, policies, and how others view them, rather than instill Godly principles and character in the students. It seems that the school lacks leadership and guidance. The school seems to have lost sight of what is of real importance-developing Godly young men and women.

Posted October 31, 2005

While the mission and concept behind the beginnings of the school are outstanding, in reality we fall way short of what Christ expects from us. We do not lead by example, but behind the 50's & 60's philosophy of 'do as I say not as I do'. When our teachers, administrators, and school leaders fail to hold themselves and their family members to the same high standards they hold every other student, we fail not only our students, but the community we try and reach. We continue to have higher educational standards the the local public schools, but is that enough? Our goal is not a more educated study body, but one that through education can influence their community for Christ. Higher educational standards, yes. Higher moral standards, not right now, maybe you can help.

Posted August 6, 2005

St. Joseph Christian has great potential to make your kids not want to be Christians after high school. The small student body is great, and the work will prepare students for college, but the morals and values tend to be a little messed up. There is also a big disreguard for the arts, and too much focus on sports. Mostly, it isn't what I would call a desirable 'christian' education.

Posted November 8, 2004

St. Joseph Christian is a great school. I would recommend it to any parent who desires an excellent education, and a moral environment for their child. They also have solid athletic programs- including an exelent football team coached by one of the best 8-man coaches in the nation.

Asian 2% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Christian
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

5401 B Gene Field Rd