St. Louis, MO
Students enrolled: 1,796

Oakville Sr. High School 3

Posted May 31, 2014
OHS is an average school in academics and athletics. We transferred from another district and noticed not only a drop in our child's grades, but also a decline in our son's morale while attending OHS. The basketball program needs a complete coaching overhaul. Parental involvement and communication with teachers is low at this school. If a parent does not actively reach out to teachers they will have no communication other than the scheduled conferences. OHS is not a bad school, but if you are looking for a school where your child will thrive this is probably not the right school.

Oakville Sr. High School 4

Posted May 04, 2010
OHS has all the resources available to assist a student to achieve. Seems some parents and former students fail to realize that a traditional program teaches all. Those that wish to do more for themselves or their children need simply ask for additional assistance which is available in abundance at this school. I gather from some of the negative comments that these additional resources were never asked for. OHS teaches better grammar than shown in these comments. Some responsibility must be accepted by the student and/or parent if your ability to spell and write correctly fall short of expectations.

Posted April 10, 2010
This school and Administration was awful when I attended and hate the worst experiences there. I was not only bullied by students but by the teachers and one principal there. No one was willing to help me. I have only few teachers I like from this school and I vowed to never live there so my kids would be treated that way. Im glad I did.

Oakville Sr. High School 2

Posted March 31, 2010
We moved into the district when my son started as a Freshman. He had never failed a class until OHS. Not only do the teachers not care if the material is being retained by the students, the principal does not either.

Posted August 01, 2009
In reply to another parents vandalism comment, yes there was vandalism but the student and staff did care about the issues and even some clubs of our school help pay for some of the damages. The school did care and did all of the necessary steps to figure out who did it and how to fix it.

Posted September 19, 2008
I agree with March 27, 2008 review. My daughter is a sophomore this year and no longer goes there. We removed her due to the vandalism and disrespect within the school. The worst thing is that the administration didn't care and didn't address the problems.

Oakville Sr. High School 5

Posted April 28, 2008
My son is a sophmore there and we love the school. We have had such wonderful experiences with the teachers and staff. I feel fortunate that my child can attend a school where they feel safe and part of a larger community.

Posted March 27, 2008
School has gone down hill. Administration does not care. Vandalism has increased, kids fear for what will happen next. Teacher treat freshmen like they are stupid. Some teachers don't teach.

Oakville Sr. High School 5

Posted May 28, 2007
very good school Tom Heitman was the best teacher there!

Oakville Sr. High School 4

Posted March 22, 2006
Great school! Many fond memories were made here. You're recognized as a student, not just a number. I was able to get involved in many activities, in addition to receiving a stellar education.

5557 Milburn Rd, St. Louis, MO  63129
Last modified Oakville Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakville Sr. High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top