Normandy High School

Public | 9-12 | 1027 students

Posted October 21, 2010

I attended NHS from 2002-2006. I loved everything about Normandy we had a very active school We had excellent atheletic departments, science & math clubs, and a top culinary arts department. I had excellent teachers. I had many opportunities to participate in advanced & college-prep classes After I completed my sophomore year I left to attend a private catholic high school which was a horrible experience. (I will not name the high school). Once I got there I realized the classes I took as a sophomore at Normandy was not even offered to the seniors at the Catholic school. I was told that because they didn't have any higher & I was required to take the class again & pay for it! I returned to NHS right away! Anywho I am now a graduate of Clark Atlanta University with a 4.0 GPA now attending UMSL to obtain my Masters level degree!

Posted December 2, 2007

I enjoy the renovations taking place at the school. Very pretty to look at from the outside. The inside of the school is a verry different, not so pretty picture. The guard at the gate is rude to parents, the principals secretary leaves a lot to be desired. The teachers are professional and very helpful. Often I have observed students wandering in the hall and loitering in the stairwells for up to 20 minutes at a time. When people find out what school my child attends, the general consensus is 'that school has really gone down'.

Posted May 1, 2007

As a former student of NHS, I just wanted to say that it is not an bad school overall. Sure there are a few problems with a few choice people but they don't count for the majority. Of course, negativity will always hold the spotlight so you'll never hear about the good things that go on there. I feel that the only way to know the truth about Normandy is to be there and get to know the people for yourself because everyone there isn't bad. If your child knows how to lead rather than follow the crowd, they should have no problem getting the most out of this school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted October 23, 2006

The ratings Normandy High School has gotten on this link are OVER-rated! They should all be one stars. The hallways are full of profanity, students are disrespectful to visitors, students are disrespectful to their teachers. Money is spent on athletics such as a brand new football field and AC for the gym, but what about for the classrooms? What happened to that remodeling that was going to take place?
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted June 8, 2006

Normandy Senior High School is a good school, there are a lot of things that go on at the school that the media does not tell you about. We have a good band, choir and athletic department. The class of 2006 received several scholarships to different universities and colleges. There are some occasions where there is disruption, but above and foremost we are becoming most excellent in all areas of the District.
—Submitted by a staff

Posted June 7, 2006

I have one daughter at NHS now and another daughter who graduated a year ago. My daughter attending college in Alabama with a 3.75 GPA. I am proud to have children who have attended Normandy. I took them out of a private school in our community five years ago and placed them in Normandy because I have personally witnessed some of the very positive things that occur in the district. I am proud to say that both my children have excelled at Normandy. They have taken college prep classes at Normandy and received outstanding awards from UMSL for what they have learned at Normandy. I am an involved parent in the district and I strongly encourage other parents to do the same to help make it the school that they can also be proud of. The level of parent involvement is appalling. Parents are the key to successful schools. Get involved!

Posted January 12, 2006

I have just moved in to the district and I have 2 girls that go to the Normandy High.They are coming from Parkway West High. My girls are about 2 grade years ahead of the kids at NHS. From the way they talk about the school it is like that are going to the zoo everyday!

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 57% in 2013.

268 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 54% in 2013.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 75% in 2013.

257 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English

The state average for English was 60% in 2013.

120 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II

The state average for English II was 69% in 2013.

247 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 61% in 2013.

Government

The state average for Government was 54% in 2013.

236 students were tested at this school in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 47% in 2013.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2012-2013 Missouri used the End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments to test high school students in Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, English I, English II, American History, Government, and Biology. The EOC Assessments are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Missouri for each subject. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education

Free or reduced-price lunch7%
Students with disabilities0%

U.S. History

Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education; data is not reported if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group.

Source: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 0% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 76%N/A45%

This school has not yet provided program information.

Help other families

Millions of families turn to GreatSchools for help with their
school search. You can help these families by providing
a few details about this school.

Administrators & teachers: Let your school shine!

6701 St Charles Rock Rd