St. Louis, MO

Posted February 05, 2014
My little sister in the fourth grade loves it here! The principal helped her transition smoothly when we moved here from Indiana in 2012. From all the things she brings home, it's a very creative school with fun ways of addressing essential skills. Teachers and principals are very good at tackling issues. Sure, there is a bit of taunting and teasing, but overall a 5 star rating. Go Owls!

Posted December 03, 2013
This is a great school that both my girls attend to and are very happy and love going to school every day. Many teachers are wonderful, but Mrs Skivey and Mrs Czapla and Walsh are some of the ones that my kids have had and they are all incredible. The new principal for 2 years now, Mr. Senti has made absolute wonders to the school. I give it 5 stars.

Posted October 02, 2013
I haven't been to this school, but as for as I know, a lot of smart kids came from Craig, and they all enjoyed it there.

Posted August 12, 2013
Craig Elementary has been a wonderful experience for our daughter since Kindergarten through now as she progresses into Middle School. The current Principal, Mr. Bill Senti, has transitioned fabulously into this position and I have yet to meet a student or parent that doesn't like and respect him. Filling the shoes of his predecessors admirably and giving a renewed sense of pride to the school community. The teachers and staff at Craig genuinely care about the children entrusted to them and take great strides to educate them both academically and socially. I don't believe you can go wrong in considering Craig Elementary if you are moving to the area. GO OWLS!!

Craig Elementary School 4

Posted February 17, 2013
This is our first year at this school (oldest in kindergarten) and I understand there were staff/leadership issues previously. The current principal seems very focused on the kids learning, both from an academic and character standpoint. Our daughter's teacher is experienced, and our child is progressing in reading and math. I'm sure things can continue to be improved upon, but I have no complaints.

Craig Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2011
I have been in this district since 2002 and have add all my children in this school. i love the people in our area, good down to earth people who do care for their children and what they learn at school. unfortunately though, the school has gone through some staff change, and i can't say that it has been 100% positive. we have a lot of apartment surrounding this area, which people come and go quite quickly, and yes there is a huge language barrier. some of these children in school have no very little to no english spoken in the homes,which makes it difficult for staff and families to communicate. i think the diversity holds this school back, some say its wonderful, but i disagree.

Posted January 10, 2007
This is a great school. The leadership is top-notch, the teachers are great, the atmosphere is wonderful. There are no discipline problems at all. THe school is incredibly diverse---one of the most diverse schools you will ever see. But yet the principals and teachers celebrate that diversity and it is one of the best aspects of the school, where sometimes it is a problem. Here it is not -- it will be a great learning experience for your child. GO TO THIS SCHOOL!

Craig Elementary School 3

Posted February 01, 2006
I wasn't overly impressed with this school. When we moved to the area everyone raved about this great little school, but I found it to be just OK.I felt teacher communication was poor in my experience,and the work was behind. The school touts it's cultural diversity, which is fine, but unfortunately it can be a drawback in the classroom as far as language skills. I felt my daughter had to be held back too much to wait for those that were ESL students.

Posted May 14, 2005
This is a great school with teachers who genuinely care for the students and the principal knows every child in her school. To me that is amazing. I would say that when my child attended there a few years ago, earlier in the school year we had some problems with medication but after meeting with the teacher and the excellent principal, we didn't have the problem again as it was nipped in the bud. I recommend this elementary school to any parent hoping to gain the best for your little ones.

Posted March 29, 2004
My son, aaron is a 5th grader at craig. He loves it. His teacher is mrs. Holder and she is one of the best teachers i have ever seen. She has taken her time with aaron. And she has also helped with getting him into special school district classes to help him with his add. Aaron was in a city school before this school and they didn't do anything to help him with his learning. I thank god each day that we came to this school district.

Craig Elementary School
1492 Craig Rd, St. Louis, MO  63146
Last modified Craig Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Craig Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top