Ritenour Sr. High School

Public | 9-12 | 1829 students

Posted October 14, 2013

I think my school is a really good school. No matter what other people say

Posted August 24, 2013

My school is a school that encourages you to work hard to improve yourself and gives you many options for your future and guides you to meet the goals you set. Even though on the core, Ritenour may have a bad image, they truly strive for each and every individual to succeed whatever path they choose. My parents and my grandparents attended Ritenour and they all agree that with each generation that attends, the staff, academic, and social aspects all have substantially increased in a very positive way. Also, if you are looking for a great sports team in any department, we've got it covered.

Posted December 15, 2011

If you hang out with the right people, going to Ritenour is a great experience. I've made some great friends there, and if someone offered to send me to a better school, I wouldn't accept. Sure, there are some problems, and some of the teachers leave things to be desired, still, but the teachers who don't are marvelous. It's certainly better than some of the other public schools in our area. There are some bullying problems, and teachers have trouble keeping control of the more obnoxious kids, but because of the way we're being taught, not just here, but everywhere, no one holds to their threats. Kids don't get written up for things they should be getting in trouble for, and it leads them to think there aren't any consequences. For a while, there are kids in the advanced classes who just don't belong there, but they go away when they're done putting in their pitiful effort. We'd be a better school if we worked on the parents, first. You can't let a kid grow up in a house where they're told they don't need to go to school, and then expect them to like it. We need a community involvement that just isn't going to happen. But that doesn't make it a bad school.

Posted October 12, 2010

My children currently attend Ritenour High but I must say I was more impressed with Ritenour Middle. I feel some, not all of the teachers don't care if my son makes it or not. For kids who need a little push tutoring leaves something to be desired and getting some of the teachers to communicate with you is like pulling teeth! I wish I had moved at the end of my son's eighth year, but I thought the High School would be an extension of the middle school, my mistake.

Posted September 12, 2008

I currently attend Ritenour, and I must say that in my two years there that it really isn't proving to be a very good experience. I'm a good student, but it's very hard to get work done in the environment that takes over almost every classroom, which is students whom misbehave. The classes aren't that challenging, and I don't really care for any of the teachers because they don't seem to care about the students, they too know that the school is going down the drains. The other students there are inconsiderate and don't have any common manners. I don't know how many times I see or am pushed in the hallways without an excuse me, or if for instance there is a group playing 'hackie sac' at lunch and I'm 'in the way' by just walking by and then they yell at me. There is really no discipline.

Posted August 31, 2008

I think Ritenour has high expectations and is good with there children.They are very aware and help alot with the kids.There was reasons that you stayed and apparently they was good or you would have left.You should expect more from yourself and parents being involved in a school to help make a better school and community.Ritenour is an A+ school and you have to graduate with more credits from Ritenour than any other school.So that tells me that they expect more and have a higher standard for there children then most others.You also have to make school as well as your life what you want of it no one can do that for you.Go Huskies!!!

Posted March 15, 2008

I am a former student of Ritenour, and will not be sending my children to the schools in this district. The school has gone down hill since I graduated, and will need a complete overhaul to get it up to the level that gives children the proper education that is needed. Teachers don't seem to care, the administration is out of touch, and the counslers don't help you follow a great educational path that will be needed for college and beyond. As a parent, your childs education should be a number one priority, and sending your child to a school in the Ritenour school district is not a good educational choice.

Posted November 12, 2007

I give this school and the district a huge thumbs up. My only complaint is with the area residents who voted down a school proposition that would have built a much needed performing arts center. The current venue for concerts and plays is abysmal. Sports programs are great. Selection of courses is wide. My children are doing great. Staff cares about their kids.

Posted June 17, 2007

I attend Ritenour High School and I'm trying so hard to go to another school. Because my whole two years at this school have been miserable. Kids are mean and inconsiderate of others. The principles don't care they don't try and switch your classes. And I'm an average student who never gets in trouble. and when I need help in a class and ask them.Not once have they helped me. The consolers are never there or are too busy for students.

Posted February 27, 2007

I feel there is too much emphasis on just 'doing a good job'-then a reward is given for those students who do all the required work-there is no reward system in the real world-you do a good job because you are expected to---freshmen are assumed to be low quality students and not motivated- my kids came from a private school where emphasis is on doing what is expected and then some. They do not have homework-their study habits are practically gone because there is nothing to do-it's all done at 'seminar'.MOtivate the kids to excel, go beyond what's expected and then see the benefits! Help them to be more than they can see.

Posted June 13, 2006

There are good teachers and great courses, but the teachers have no control over the students behavior. I think the parents need to be much more involved and that there should be a -0- tolerance for bad behavior.

Posted January 5, 2005

I am very happy with Ritenour. I believe the principal and counselors know what is going on. I am a very involved parent. I have 2 children in the high school. My son is very much into his sports and enjoys his German club(he is a sophmore) and my daughter is very involved with the band and hoping to make the track team this spring (she is a freshman). I am a member of band boosters and sports boosters. I am very happy with how their teachers and coaches react with them, always available. My kids love this school. I don't have to fight with them to go, so I consider that a plus. Go Huskies!

Posted December 15, 2004

what i have noticed about ritenour is they have lowered their standards in an attempt to not make the slow kids feel bad, and the bright kids loose interest. is it more important to be 'politicaly correct' than to challange our leaders of tommorow. I have removed my children and enrolled both in a private school,

Posted June 13, 2004

My daughter graduated from Ritenour and I feel that it was a very good school. The teachers really care about the students and the students are realy nice to their peers.

Posted August 10, 2003

The current principal usually does not know what is happening at Ritenour. The counselors usually do not know how to accurately plan schedules. Ms. Lisa Williams and Ms. Catherine Stone are two of the best teachers at Ritenour. They really do help students prepare for college.
—Submitted by a former student

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 55% in 2014.

310 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 64% in 2014.

103 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Biology

The state average for Biology was 67% in 2014.

360 students were tested at this school in 2014.

English

The state average for English was 60% in 2014.

442 students were tested at this school in 2014.

English II

The state average for English II was 75% in 2014.

428 students were tested at this school in 2014.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 66% in 2014.

Government

The state average for Government was 62% in 2014.

412 students were tested at this school in 2014.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 48% in 2014.

Scale: % proficient or advanced

In 2013-2014 Missouri used the End-of-Course (EOC) Assessments to test high school students in Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, English I, English II, American History, Government, and Biology. The EOC Assessments are standards-based, which means they measure how well students are mastering specific skills defined by the state of Missouri for each subject. The goal is for all students to score at or above proficient on the test.

Source: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education

Hispanicn/a
Whiten/a
Free or reduced-price lunchn/a
Scale: % proficient or advanced

The different student groups are identified by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education; data is not reported if there are fewer than 10 students in a particular group.

Source: Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 2%

Student subgroups

This school District averageState average
Students eligible for free or reduced-price lunch program 64%N/A45%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
School psychologist
School social worker/counselors(s)
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by school community.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer specialist(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • Computer lab
  • Science lab

Arts & music

• Art teacher(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Art room

• Librarian/media specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • Nurse(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Poetry/Creative writing teacher(s)
  • Robotics/Technology specialist(s)
  • School psychologist
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
Transportation options

Media arts
  • Graphics
  • Video / Film production
needs to be verified by school leaders.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

9100 St Charles Rock Rd