St. Louis, MO
Students enrolled: 1,829

Ritenour Sr. High School 5

Posted January 04, 2015
Ritenour High School provided my children an excellent education allowing each of the to earn scholarships to top ranked university. If I had it to do over, you can bet my kids would all be Huskies!

Ritenour Sr. High School 5

Posted October 14, 2013
I think my school is a really good school. No matter what other people say

Ritenour Sr. High School 4

Posted August 24, 2013
My school is a school that encourages you to work hard to improve yourself and gives you many options for your future and guides you to meet the goals you set. Even though on the core, Ritenour may have a bad image, they truly strive for each and every individual to succeed whatever path they choose. My parents and my grandparents attended Ritenour and they all agree that with each generation that attends, the staff, academic, and social aspects all have substantially increased in a very positive way. Also, if you are looking for a great sports team in any department, we've got it covered.
2 people found this helpful

Ritenour Sr. High School 4

Posted December 15, 2011
If you hang out with the right people, going to Ritenour is a great experience. I've made some great friends there, and if someone offered to send me to a better school, I wouldn't accept. Sure, there are some problems, and some of the teachers leave things to be desired, still, but the teachers who don't are marvelous. It's certainly better than some of the other public schools in our area. There are some bullying problems, and teachers have trouble keeping control of the more obnoxious kids, but because of the way we're being taught, not just here, but everywhere, no one holds to their threats. Kids don't get written up for things they should be getting in trouble for, and it leads them to think there aren't any consequences. For a while, there are kids in the advanced classes who just don't belong there, but they go away when they're done putting in their pitiful effort. We'd be a better school if we worked on the parents, first. You can't let a kid grow up in a house where they're told they don't need to go to school, and then expect them to like it. We need a community involvement that just isn't going to happen. But that doesn't make it a bad school.

Ritenour Sr. High School 3

Posted October 12, 2010
My children currently attend Ritenour High but I must say I was more impressed with Ritenour Middle. I feel some, not all of the teachers don't care if my son makes it or not. For kids who need a little push tutoring leaves something to be desired and getting some of the teachers to communicate with you is like pulling teeth! I wish I had moved at the end of my son's eighth year, but I thought the High School would be an extension of the middle school, my mistake.

Posted December 08, 2009

Posted May 22, 2009

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted December 04, 2008

Posted September 12, 2008
I currently attend Ritenour, and I must say that in my two years there that it really isn't proving to be a very good experience. I'm a good student, but it's very hard to get work done in the environment that takes over almost every classroom, which is students whom misbehave. The classes aren't that challenging, and I don't really care for any of the teachers because they don't seem to care about the students, they too know that the school is going down the drains. The other students there are inconsiderate and don't have any common manners. I don't know how many times I see or am pushed in the hallways without an excuse me, or if for instance there is a group playing 'hackie sac' at lunch and I'm 'in the way' by just walking by and then they yell at me. There is really no discipline.

Ritenour Sr. High School
9100 St Charles Rock Rd, St. Louis, MO  63114
Last modified Ritenour Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ritenour Sr. High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top