St. Louis, MO

Highland Elementary School 3

Posted October 14, 2007
My daughter has attended Highland Elementary for two years now & it still doesn't meet my expectations. I thought her transferring in from another district, in the middle of the year, was the problem but, I am still not satisfied with this school. Neither the teachers (not all but most), nor the principal has respect for the parents or students. I've witnessed teachers yelling @ children inappropriately, & although I have not witnessed any fights among the children, when conflicts do arise, I do not feel they are handled correctly nor or the parents notified, whether minor or otherwise. Academically I am not pleased with the overall MAP scores but, with my involvement, my daughter is doing better. On the plus side, they strongly encourage parent involvement, & they do have a lot of fun nights, after school programs, events & other activities the kids can enjoy.

Highland Elementary School
174 Shepley Dr, St. Louis, MO  63137
Last modified Highland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Highland Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top