St. Louis, MO

Posted July 31, 2014
My son and I love this school!! He has been there since preschool in special education. He received occupational therapy and speech therapy. We were always informed of his progress. And he always met his goals. All of his teachers were always hands on and truly cared. He will be entering First grade and will no longer need special education. Thanks to his wonderful teachers! He has never had any issues with bullies, thankfully. I agree parking could be better though. The school understands that we don't live in a society where they can keep the doors unlocked. So I don't mind waiting for a staff member to let us in. They do what's best for the children.

Mason Elementary School 2

Posted July 16, 2014
Please dont try to find some where to park and have to go in and pick up your child. I had to park on the carwash parking lot. Then you have to wait by the door and wait for someone to walk by for you to get your child really bad in the winter time. So pretty much teacher are no where to be found didnt know it would be this hard to pick my kid up in the evenings or drop her off

Mason Elementary School 1

Posted April 25, 2014
it seems like this school is even worse than a few weeks ago.being bullied. and nothing is being done about it. from kids in his class and higher grade levels. a group of older kids (6th graders) crowded around him and one of them punched him in the back of the head. so nobody is getting i trouble for it since my son doesn't know who hit him. not a bit of communication is going on. before my child went here he was in the gifted classes at his old school. and he loved to read. strait a's .now he is not bringing his homework home, would rather stare at the wall than pick up a book, and it seems like he is being singled out. he is also getting write ups. which never happended before. i would rather home school my son than send him here. i really hate this school.

Mason Elementary School 4

Posted April 24, 2014
My son has been in the preschool program for two years. The teachers are very caring and easy to talk to. He knows his alphabet, how to count to 100, do simple math, work in teams, read and write some sentences, and explained "metamorphosis" to me! He is very well prepared for Kindergarten. Parents are friendly and welcomed helping with events and in the classrooms, a recent trivia night had more than 200 people. The school is in a great neighborhood, and has a community garden, but the outdoor play area could be improved - basically a parking lot with a small playground. The school is fully accredited and is an "autonomous" school meaning that it fits in the highest performing SLPS category. Diversity at this school is exceptional. Agree that the nurse is not friendly.

Posted February 18, 2014
my son is a student in special education class at mason and has done nothing but exceed all our expectations. we believe a lot of that is the teacher and her great teaching and aids are great as well. wife and i believe we could not of gotten better education for my son at a school we payed tuition.teacher is great motivator

Mason Elementary School 4

Posted July 24, 2013
I live in Clifton Heights, in the Mason School neighborhood. CHNA meetings and voting days are the only times I am inside the school. The way the teachers have decorated the interior is very inviting. My review is for the custodian. I looked online at "custodial duties". Since this custodian doesn't even have to mow the grass, one would think that keeping the playground and outside grounds free of litter would be an easy task. As I've walked past this summer, it seems that litter keeps accumulating around the edges. The same flattened rubber ball has been there since summer school. I've never noticed any windows being cleaned either. Makes me wonder how much cleaning gets done inside, besides the obligatory sweeping. The custodians at the schools where I worked for 38 years (in Illinois) cleaned EVERY desk, drinking fountain and window during the summer. AND, my school has NEVER been air conditioned! Who checks up on your custodians?

Posted February 05, 2013
I have two children currently attending Mason school. My son in second grade has been there since pre-K and my daughter in Kindergarten since pre-K. The school has come a long way since we started there. The teachers are wonderful and they treat the kids with such love it's as if they are family. The kids have gotten to go on many wonderful field trips, participate in choirs at Powell Symphony Hall, and belong to an awesome after care program that is 100% free. I give the school 5 stars!!!

Posted January 31, 2013
My son, who is in special education, attends Mason. I am extremely impressed with the teachers and administration in response to all of his needs. I often have daily contact with his teacher on his progress so we can work hand in hand with his educational goals.

Posted December 11, 2012
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! After months of searching for a good school for my child, I found Mason. The teachers and staff are wonderful. Very involved in each child, which is good because I am very involved with my childs education, and the teachers have a wonderful open door policy. My child loves this school and has quickly made new friends, so its easier for my child to focus more on schoolwork. Very safe neighborhood too. GREAT SCHOOL!

Mason Elementary School 1

Posted December 09, 2012
Unfortunately I cannot give this school a good rating. My daughter has been bullied relentlessly and the staff has ignored our cries for help. I even went all the way to the superintendent and was ignored. Her teacher is great, and even acknowledged how bad the bullying was, but the staff still does nothing. The staff threatens the children that misbehave and tell them they will send them back to kindergarten. They get in their face, yell, etc. There is a reason this school has a rating of 3 out of 10. Parent involvement is almost a ZERO. The staff that does try to help, well, their hands are tied because the vice principal and principal turn their heads. It's a sad situation all around and I really hope Mason gets their act together soon.

Mason Elementary School
6031 Southwest Ave, St. Louis, MO  63139
Last modified Mason Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mason Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top