St. Louis, MO

Posted June 08, 2015
I have a child currently at Hudson and one who has finished. It amazes me how consistent this little school remains in it's teaching. They are so in tune with each child and their needs. The families are very involved and supportive. The faculty keeps the parents informed making sure everyone is in the "know". My husband and I both are very pleased with the sense of community and the general friendliness of everyone at the school.

Posted June 05, 2015
We love Hudson-- it's been such a great experience for us. The teachers are great-- they really care about our kiddos and our community! The school offers a variety of learning opportunities and also invests in our neighborhoods. Hudson Rocks! :)

Posted March 10, 2015
I would like to personally respond to the post regarding non equality throughout the Webster system. While the writer may be correct in their assertion that the Hudson community, being as small as it is (huge benefit) does not have the same funds available as a HUGE overcrowded school like Avery or Bristol, I do not see the inequality. In talking with families from other schools, I have found Hudson to be ahead of the curve in technology. 5th and 4th graders are 1:1 with devices. We also have iPads, and chrome books in every grade, including k. Further, Hudson has far more activities available then other schools for 2 reasons, teachers dedication to the students, and small size. My "above average" kids have all excelled at this school, and have had many opportunities to achieve up to their academic potential. Although honestly, I take more pride in the fact that they have learned people come in all colors, abilities and backgrounds, when a teacher tells you your child has helped another child reach his or her potential, you know that school is doing something right. HUDSON ROCKS

Posted March 05, 2015
Our children have been attending Hudson for 5 years now and we have been very happy. The teachers are all very dedicated, caring, and able to support different learning styles and abilities. Our children love everything about school our principal, teachers, aides, and other students. They are not only "learning the curriculum", they are also enjoying the experience. Things I see: - Encouragement - Self-discovery - Independent thinking - Appreciating diversity - Approachable/kind-hearted teachers and staff - Respect for others, cooperative learning - Encouragement for the arts Hudson ROCKS!

Posted February 27, 2015
My children and I love Hudson. My kids have made great friends and love to come to school to be with their classmates. Every year I am so happy with the growth I see them make. My children read above grade level and they are continually challenged to grow more. I have been very pleased with all the classroom teachers and support teachers my children have worked with. I am thankful that my children are held to high standards. I love that the kids are rewarded for hard work and appropriate behavior. My kids often talk about being cooperative, respectful and showing kindness. These words are discussed regularly at Hudson. While I love that my kids are getting a high quality and challenging education, the thing I love most about Hudson is that my kids are happy to being going to school each day.

Posted February 26, 2015
I am deeply impressed with Hudson Elementary School. I have two children that attend there and they love it. Socially, we have had no major issues with exclusion or bullying so far. My kids love the teachers and their friends. The parents in this school are very active and involved. What I really love about Hudson is how they have academically challenged my children. I would consider my kids to be slightly above average when it comes to reading and math. Hudson really challenges them, yet still gives them a sense of confidence and accomplishment. Hudson has assisted in the development of my children's enjoyment of learning. I know that no school is perfect. But so far Hudson has far exceeded my expectations for a great public elementary school. Two thumbs up from a happy father.

Hudson Elementary School 2

Posted February 24, 2015
If your child struggles, this school will work hard to make sure your child succeeds. However, if your child is above average, they're not likely to be challenged academically. It has been our experience that the primary goal is not to ensure children meet their potential but only that they meet grade level expectations. There is no differentiation for students who excel. Those students just wait for the rest to catch up. In lower grades, out of the 300 min. allotted for reading ea. week, a student may meet in a group with the teacher for 60-90 min - less than 33% of the time. The rest of the time they read to themselves, listen to a book read on the computer or do worksheets - things they could do at home. All schools are not equal at the elementary level in WGSD. They rely heavily on funds from the PTOs. Hudson, having the highest number of students qualifying for free/reduced lunch in WGSD, does not even come close to raising the same amount of money as the other elementary schools. This economic disparity is reflected in Hudson's ability to supply current technology, curricular enhancements and even after-school opportunities.

Posted September 29, 2014
This is our family's first year at Hudson and we feel really good about the choice. We considered other local private schools and the magnet school within the Webster district and ultimately chose Hudson. I haven't looked back once. My son is thriving in his kindergarten class and I really like the other families I've met. It's a wonderful school with a good set of community activities and many opportunities to get involved.

Posted May 26, 2014
My husband and I love Hudson. I have a son and a daughter that attended this past year. Both of their teachers communicated with us were on top of their education. My children were sad to be leaving their school for the summer. Art, music and PE teachers are also fabulous. We have been very pleased with Hudson!

Posted April 25, 2014
I knew moving into the district 7 years ago that we'd be happy with the choice, but almost immediately during my child's kindergarten year did we realize what a great place we had found in Hudson. From the very small student:teacher ratio, to the principals, to the experienced educators (many of them at Hudson their entire career) this school is right for so many reasons. They offer advanced enrichment such as a gifted program, strings, chess, etc. However this school is unique in that each and every child, regardless of learning or physical ability, is in a classroom where the gifted students and special needs students alike are blended together and work with one another on a daily basis. This brilliantly teaches humility, and fosters cooperation and inclusion. Hudson parents are heavily involved in every aspect of the school and the community, and they enjoy doing so. Each and every teacher is a student favorite, and both of the principals we've experienced in my daughter's time at Hudson were the prefect blend of lovable and professional. I truly believe you'd be happy with any school in the Webster Groves School District, but it's apparent to me how much we will miss Hudson.

Hudson Elementary School
9825 Hudson Ave, St. Louis, MO  63119
Last modified Hudson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hudson Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 31 reviews. Top