St. Louis, MO

Posted March 14, 2015
My oldest daughter graduated in 2012 from IWA. I do not understand any of the negative reviews! This school is amazing. My other daughter is in sixth grade and will be, without a doubt, attending IWA. My 2012 graduate got a 32 on her ACT the first time she took it. She is in her 3rd year At Mizzou and one of the top accounting programs in the country and is being heavily recruited by all of the Big 4 accounting firms. She maintains a 3.925 GPA, works 20-25 hours a week, is very active in a top tier sorority and has an active social life. Not only did IWA prepare her academically, it taught her how to be organized and manage her time effectively and to succeed in life! IWA made my daughter a leader. I think the single sex aspect of the school and the dedication and accessibility of the teachers and administration made a nurturing, supportive environment for her to grow and thrive! As others have mentioned, IWA is very welcoming. The families are all very " down to earth" and stick together during personal tragedies as well as celebrating each other's successes. You only need to attend a sporting event at IWA to see and feel what makes it so special. (IWA v SJA preferably!)

Posted June 02, 2013
I will strongly recommend IWA to any parent. This would be based upon the great teachers and the school's ciriculum. But in the same breathe warn them of a very disturbing admin policy. This policy will forbid your daughter or daughters from taking their last exams if their family has fallen into financial distress and have not paid their full tuition to date. I understand that the teachers must be paid and the school has bills to attend to. What is this action doing towards the positive. My daughter has maintained a Gpa of 3.3 and above and to hear that she is unabled to take her last exams was not only degrading but hurtful. She believed in their so called sisterhood as they sung on their youtube videos. She even performed the community service hours that was required by all students. Her understanding of the school she once admired so much is that they can care less about her academic abilities, content of character, or her future as a female leader. This school is only for the privileged families. All the talk about Christian-based and family is a lure. You have been warned!!!!!

Posted May 03, 2013
Two of my daughters have attended IWA. One has already completed her undergraduate degree from a well respected private university in Peoria, Illinois and the other is currently a student at Mizzou. IWA prepared each of them very well for college. There are a couple of high schools in St. Louis that may be considered academically superior to IWA, however I don't believe there is a more diverse student body than what you'll find at this school. In the past few years, various families at the school have had unexpected tragedies in their lives. IWA students, alumni, faculty, etc. have banded together each time to support these families. Actions speak louder than words, and IWA does not merely provide a high school education for its students, it provides a true "sisterhood" that transcends the high school years. Of course, the school is consistently as one with some of the top athletic programs in the state of Missouri. The combination of the student's academic environment, cohesion and support of IWA in general, and the school's ability to not just preach diversity but make it an everyday experience, make this an excellent choice for your child.

Posted February 08, 2012
I've had daughters graduate from IWA and Rosati. Certainly IWA has a more impressive physical campus and sports and theatre are great. Wonderful school spirit. Academically tho, I'd have to give it RK, hands down for college prep, and the atmosphere was more centered in love and faith.

Posted November 09, 2010
I graduated from IWA and have recently become involved as a volunteer at this wonderful high school. I believe it was my time and experience at IWA that gave me the edge I needed to become the woman I am today. I have a wonderful job with The American Cancer Society, have raised lovely empowered women and I truly celebrate diversity, much more so than my roots would have suggested. I am happy to spend time with the students and staff of IWA.

Posted October 15, 2010
I am a 2008 IWA graduate and I disagree with my 2003 IWA sisters. Five years passed between our graduation years and the math and science departments changed quite a bit in that time frame. I took full advantage of the math and science courses at IWA, taking courses all the way to the AP level in Chemistry and Calculus. Upon entering college, I went straight into Chem 2 with no difficulties and did not even have to take college algebra because of my high Math ACT score. In general terms, I found IWA to be an amazing school that prepared me in every way for college. Their class scheduling system is truly unique, the teaching staff was genuinely interested in my success and the single sex environment helped me blossom. If I had to do it all over again, I would choose IWA in a heartbeat.

Posted September 20, 2010
Uneven quality of teachers and classes throughout four years there. I've met others from St. Louis city and county high schools that are better prepared for college than I. I loved IWA, but now see perhaps it wasn't the best choice.

Incarnate Word Academy

Posted October 03, 2009
My daughters graduaterd and a granddaughter is a Senior

Posted March 13, 2009
I am a student at Incarnate now, and I love it! It's such a great school with the teachers, coaches, and staff. I would not think my life would be the same without IWA!

Incarnate Word Academy 4

Posted June 25, 2007
Daughter just graduated; another entering this fall. Love single sex education, commitment of faculty and admin., parent involvement, school spirit, most of all the students! My daughter loved it there; previously attended public school. My youngest entering in fall would look nowhere else. Some excellent teachers; some just average that usually get weeded out fast. Lots of alum. on teaching staff and admin. Many clubs and organizations, opp. for service and involvement. We love the IWA fellowship. Best of all, our daughter is more confident and empowered thanks to her time there. Good college and life prep.

Incarnate Word Academy
2788 Normandy Avenue, St. Louis, MO  63121
Last modified Incarnate Word Academy is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Incarnate Word Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top