No rating

Central Christian School

Private | PK-6 | 289 students

CCS is best known for our diversity, technology, and integrated curriculum.

Living in St. Louis

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $475,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $980.

Sweep tile

Posted April 17, 2014

I'm so grateful Central married a Christian worldview with superior academics. I know my kids are getting well-prepared for secondary school and becoming critical thinkers. I'm so sad our oldest child is graduating this year - there's truly no other school in St Louis like Central. It's commitment to diversity is one of the things that drew our family there - we want our Caucasian son and daughter to love others, to not stereotype, to see things from another's perspective. I believe Central is maturing them in that way. The school not only HAS diversity, but it is truly seeking to STEWARD that diversity well. I wish I could have gone to Central Christian School as a little girl.

Posted April 17, 2014

Amazing community to be part of. Open conversations between teachers and parents working together to teach covenant children. All of this and teaching with the best curriculum taught from a Biblical Worldview.

Posted April 14, 2014

Central Christian School is an awesome school. My son and daughter love going to school everyday. I have a background in teaching and I know that every school has parents who say there is too much or not enough homework. To balance that for my children I have other lessons at home. Just because I pay tuition doesn't mean I am going to completely depend on any school to educate my children. As a parent I feel a responsibility to challenge my children too. CCS teachers offer a lot of internet resources that enhances my children learning. The teachers and staff at CCS are wonderful and helpful. Too bad it doesn't go to eighth grade.

Posted April 11, 2014

My school is AMAZING. It is academically rigorous, yet loving and Christ centered. It is diverse, but unified.

Posted April 10, 2014

Our family has been a part of Central Christian School for several years. Both of my children graduated already with an excellent academic education. We love CCS.

Posted April 9, 2014

Central Christian is a great school! It is top notch academically! It is a great community school, balanced, diverse, challenging, fun, and engaging. Our children will be well equipped for their next level of education as well be able to navigate successfully in our culture. Central Christian School is five stars plus!!!

Posted April 7, 2014

Our family has been at Central for 7 years. Our three very different children are educated by passionate, Christ-centered educators every day who care deeply for them personally and about how they will impact the world for Christ. Central is also committed to rigorous academics. My children are challenged to stretch themselves, and I know they are well prepared for middle school and beyond. Central is much more than a school. It's family, and I can't imagine our family anywhere else.

Posted April 7, 2014

CCS is a phenomenal place where caring, creative, committed staff assist students from a wide range of demograhpics in developing as whole people. Quality all the way around.

Posted April 7, 2014

Central Christian School is a wonderful school, where they are teaching and living real Christ like values. They have a strong academic program and I love that they are so art oriented. The childrens' art work is wonderful.

Posted April 7, 2014

We have all three of our children at this school. They all have very different learning styles ranging from sensory issues to dyslexia to gifted. CCS has been a great fit for all of them. The curriculum is all centered around the gospel with no sacrifice to rigorous academics. On top of that it has become our community. I have always found the faculty and staff to be loving and welcoming and the parents are very connected and involved.

Posted April 7, 2014

My 4 children have attended CCS beginning in 1998. My youngest graduated in 2013. It has been a wonderful school for my children and a wonderful community to be a part of as a teacher.

Posted April 7, 2014

We have been at CCS for four years, and I could not imagine having my children anywhere else. They are truly seen as individuals, and their needs have been met above and beyond my expectations. The academic curriculum is top notch, but my children's social, emotional, and spiritual growth is also a priority. They getting a solid foundation for middle school, high school, and beyond.

Posted April 7, 2014

Our daughters are thriving at CCS. They are certainly growing academically, but I am especially thrilled with their spiritual, emotional, and social growth. We are so thankful they are learning in an environment where they are known, challenged, encouraged, and prayed over. CCS has fantastic teachers and staff, a supportive community of parents, and a relatively diverse population. The only thing I feel like my kids are not getting is an exposure to those in all SES classes, but the positives at the school make that a concession I'm willing to make at this point in their lives, and look for other ways to expose them to the world.

Posted March 18, 2013

I never thought that I would keep my children in a private setting after junior kindergarten. But, how could we leave this school when it fulfills every one of my boys' needs? Both of my boys, now part of the elementary program, beg to go to school every day. They come home passionate about learning, eager to share the events of the day. Having taught in two nationally recognized public school districts, I can say with confidence that my boys are getting the academic building blocks that they need for life long success. Not only that, but they are getting the spiritual and social guidance that is necessary to fully prepare them for the world. I am grateful for CCS - so grateful that my family is changing course and planning to keep both of our boys at CCS through 6th grade!

Posted November 9, 2012

A true community of people who are passionate about Jesus and excellent education. I have worked in several high quality schools (public and private), but I've seen nothing like the commitment to excellence in this school. Full of quality instructional strategies that are the best in research-based practices, teachers guide students of all abilities to achieving high standards of 21st century education. I also appreciate the leadership and professional development opportunities.

Posted November 6, 2012

I am deeply grateful to work in this school community. Racial diversity and integration is a personal passion of mine, and I am blessed to work at a school that not only fosters these values but does so in such an authentic way. The teachers, the parents, the students - we all understand the special gift of diversity CCS has, and we hope to further it even more. A third of our student body is made up of children of color -- I hope this percentage grows and grows and grows in the years to come.

Posted November 5, 2012

We have been a part of this school community for the last seven years. Our three children are very different in personality and learning style. We have found Central Christian School to be a place where all three of them can (and do) thrive. I am most impressed with the way the teachers engage with the children. They know them, love them and strive to teach them well.

Posted November 3, 2012

CCS is grace-based, yet still rigorous in a truly integrated way. After 7 years at the school, my kids truly think and learn, not recite facts. My boys have such different learning styles and needs on different ends of the spectrum, and CCS has met their needs all along the way. This school is unmatched in St. Louis.

Posted April 20, 2011

This school is lacking differentiation. They look good on paper, but the teachers are not equipped to teach to all levels of a child. If you want a rigorous, challenging academic school that is very homework driven and teaches to that one super smart child only, this is the school for you! Otherwise it would be beneficial to you to look elsewhere or you will be wasting your time and your child's education and happiness. We were very disappointed in this school in how my kids were taught.

Posted November 9, 2010

CCS is a very thoughtful school that strives to educate each child according to the way that he/she has been created. It is a rich, diverse educational environment with dedicated teachers and excellent technological resources. It is also a great value for the tuition.

Asian 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Assistant principal(s)
Art teacher(s)
Reading specialist(s)
School social worker/counselors(s)
Special education coordinator
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Awards

Academic awards received in the past 3 years
  • ISSL Teacher of Disctinction (Junior Kindergarten teacher) (2008)
  • ISSL Teacher of Distinction and grant (Art teacher) (2010)
  • Accreditation through AdvancEd (2011)

Special education / special needs

• Other health impairments
  • Specific learning disabilities
  • Differentiated learning programs
  • Special education coordinator

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Gym
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

Gifted & talented

School start time
  • 8:20 am
School end time
  • 3:20 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:30 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 5:45 p.m.
  • Joshua Crane
Best ways for parents to contact the school
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 3 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation

• Religious
  • Service learning
  • Technology
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Math specialist(s)
  • Music teacher(s)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Reading specialist(s)
  • School social worker/counselors(s)
  • Special education coordinator
  • Gym
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Library
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room
  • Playground
  • Science lab
Partnerships with local resources and organizations

Sports

• Graphics
  • Technical design and production
  • Video / Film production

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Book/reading club

School culture

Dress Code
  • Dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Present special topics during curricular units
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom