PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Posted May 12, 2016
A fabulous place! We have 4 children who have gone through or at Central now. Our children have very different learning styles and academic needs and teachers have differentiated and supported our kids—some who are gifted and some who have learning disabilities. My oldest who have gone on to other schools have been well prepared for the work load and expectations of middle school. Central even helped with the transition to 7th grade for our son with learning disabilities. I love the diversity and biblical world view that infuses everything.

Develops grit: Agree

Posted May 12, 2016
The growth mindset is all over the building. So not really grit, but persistence and growth. Teachers always use mistakes as safe learning experiences.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 12, 2016
The class and individual service projects really helped my kids see others, really see, children and people who are different than they are and serve others well.

Central Christian School 1

Posted March 07, 2016
I would not recommend this school. There are many other schools that provide the same academic experience with a Christian view for less money. It is not worth the price. The academics here are no different than any other school - worksheets, reading groups, etc. The teachers are nice but do not get to know the children well enough to really know what they need and how to differentiate. And although they say they want to partner with the parents, in reality they just continue in their usual manner - not really trying anything different. They are rigid in their approaches without considering options that may actually be in the best interest of the children. The staff is fairly non responsive to parents and it is hard to tell who is in charge. The new headmaster and other staff seem to be pursuing their own goals instead of ones that might actually benefit the children who attend the school currently and in the future. The staff seems top heavy for a school of its size - maybe explaining the tuition. Bottom line: look somewhere else.

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted March 07, 2016
Former students of the school have said that they are not prepared for their new schools once they have left CCS - and these are the brightest students who have shared these stories.

Posted April 27, 2014
I overheard a school leader talking with a teaching candidate near the office the other day, and I heard her share what is a CCS motto of sorts, "Why not both?" i.e. Why shouldn't a child have a rigorous academic environment and a spiritually excellent environment? When did our world start claiming that you had to choose or sacrifice one for the other? At CCS, we get both. My children are positively challenged on a daily basis, being stretched to think outside the box, apply their core learning, work collaboratively with others and more. They are also grounded in the prayers of their teachers, the word of the Lord, Biblical perspective on what they are learning, and Godly leadership. At CCS, you get both, and I am ever grateful.

Posted April 17, 2014
I'm so grateful Central married a Christian worldview with superior academics. I know my kids are getting well-prepared for secondary school and becoming critical thinkers. I'm so sad our oldest child is graduating this year - there's truly no other school in St Louis like Central. It's commitment to diversity is one of the things that drew our family there - we want our Caucasian son and daughter to love others, to not stereotype, to see things from another's perspective. I believe Central is maturing them in that way. The school not only HAS diversity, but it is truly seeking to STEWARD that diversity well. I wish I could have gone to Central Christian School as a little girl.

Posted April 17, 2014
Amazing community to be part of. Open conversations between teachers and parents working together to teach covenant children. All of this and teaching with the best curriculum taught from a Biblical Worldview.

Posted April 14, 2014
Central Christian School is an awesome school. My son and daughter love going to school everyday. I have a background in teaching and I know that every school has parents who say there is too much or not enough homework. To balance that for my children I have other lessons at home. Just because I pay tuition doesn't mean I am going to completely depend on any school to educate my children. As a parent I feel a responsibility to challenge my children too. CCS teachers offer a lot of internet resources that enhances my children learning. The teachers and staff at CCS are wonderful and helpful. Too bad it doesn't go to eighth grade.

Posted April 11, 2014
My school is AMAZING. It is academically rigorous, yet loving and Christ centered. It is diverse, but unified.

700 S Hanley Rd, St. Louis, MO  63105
Last modified Central Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6