No rating

Thomas Jefferson School

Private | 7-12 | 91 students

Living in St. Louis

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $375,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $930.

Posted September 9, 2012

I am so glad we sent my son here, this is his 5th year at TJ. The learning environment is first rate, though it is a very hard school academically. I think one of the best attributes of the school is that it teaches the students how to learn and think on their own, and how to be organized, it really prepares them for college. Very much a traditional cirriculum, with limited extracirricular activites, but they make up for it with enthusiasm. My son has had the chance to see all types of plays, dance programs, and art shows, and they incorporate it into the classroom activities. He also has friends from all over the world, these relationships have introduced him to new types of music, food, culture, and ways of thinking. Teachers are very dedicated and the new school head is very progressive. I am so glad we chose it.

Posted May 12, 2010

Thomas Jefferson is a community of learners and a community where family is developed among all constituents. Speaking and writing with clarity are guideposts for each student.

Posted October 7, 2009

Small class sizes, highly qualified teachers, better courses, more on-campus and off-campus activities and attention to students' needs.
—Submitted by a student

Posted March 30, 2009

I really value the years I spent at TJ. The curriculum was rigorous, which was what I needed, and I learned how to self-motivate and manage my time, which put me ahead of the pack when I arrived at college. In addition to the academic skills I developed, I also had the opportunity to meet people from all over the world and have lots of fun, too!

Posted February 23, 2004

I have seen my son 'blossom' under the system at TJ - it is worth every penny! He is a 5-day boarder and has loved earning all his priviledges while meeting people from all over the world.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 35% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab