No rating

Forsyth School

Private | PK-6 | 400 students

Living in St. Louis

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $475,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $980.

Posted August 28, 2010

I found the school very good academically and liked the personalization of the math instruction. I felt howver that the teachers were clueless regarding social interaction amongst the children and there was amazing clique-iness.

Posted December 15, 2009

I moved from public school and, I'll admit, I was scared at first. I now know there was nothing to be afraid of. The sterio-type that privet schools are snobby certaintly does not apply to Forsyth. The families are pretty much all upper class, as you might imagine, yet I don't feel wealth sets any barriers between the kids who maybe aren't as wealthy. I've made friends from many different backgrounds. Yes, a lot being the 'old Saint Louis' type, but that matter is oblivious when it comes to friendships. The teachers are definitly not bios, and the the education I got here at Forsyth couldn't get any better. I love the staff, and all my classmates. When I graduate, I'll be balling for the next week =((( LUV U FORSYTHIANS!!!!
—Submitted by a student

Posted September 19, 2008

I have had children at Forsyth for 6 years and can find nothing significant to complain about! The teaching is top-notch, the families are wonderful and very committed to education and the environment is nourturing for students and parents alike.

Posted August 10, 2008

I personaly LOVE Forsyth, It is a great school and it's campus is just one great thing about it. When I graduate I know I will always have a second home there. They have a great academic program and they teach you to except challenges and face your fears. It is so cool to go there each day and feel like you are in a village. Forsyth is very gental and loving too, it has a HUGE auction each year to earn money for scholorships at the school to help some students pay for it. They make learning very fun and I am very glad to be at this school.
—Submitted by a student

Posted May 28, 2008

We transfered our three children to Forsyth 3 years ago from another parochial school in St. Louis and have never looked back, The faculty is dedicated to providing a seamless and challenging curriculum while making it fun for the kids to work hard and strive to do their best each day. Our children have truly come alive at this schhool. Although we had not been here from the beginnning with two of our three children, the community was more than welcoming and open to inintroduce it's newest members to all that Forsyth has to offer. at

Posted May 29, 2007

While the education at Forsyth School is very good, and many opportunities are afforded, the community as a whole is rather unfriendly. Even as a well-to-do parent, I will admit that I can see that there is a diffent attitude given to those who are not exceptionally wealthy and that most minorities are admitted to the school because they are upper middle class. There is very little class diversity at this school. The Forsyth community tends to be pretentious and unwelcoming for those who are not in the 'old boys club'.

Posted October 4, 2006

Forsyth provides each child the opportunity to go not only academically, but socially and emotionally. The person that commented negatively on them catering to certain clientele obviously does not have a child there. I am a parent of a minority child and could not be more pleased our selection. My child Loves going to school each day, and I am truly comfortable with her being there. Did I mention how excellent the teachers and administrators are? If not, let me reassure you, they are the Best!

Posted August 13, 2006

My child is currently at this school. The early childhood program is fantastic. There is a strong emphasis for hands-on learning and a balanced approach to all the disciplines - music, movement, science, math, language, outside play. The future years are highly academic but the environment is nurturing and inclusive.

Posted April 14, 2006

Stimulating environment with fabulous teachers!

Posted March 16, 2006

Forsyth is a very academic school. It has been great for my child! She loves going to school every day. Very strong community of learners, wonderful teachers and a richly textured learning environment with the classrooms located in 6 charming houses. One criticism would be that the classes are too large. Although they break the children up into small groups for learning, the classroom space often seems crowded. Pleased Parent

Posted January 6, 2005

Only a certain clientele is catered. Families of color are just for show and stigmized and are treated unfairly.
—Submitted by a teacher

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 6% 2%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NAIS

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

6235 Wydown Boulevard