Ungraded
St. Louis, MO
Students enrolled: 1,234

Posted March 09, 2015
We highly recommend MICDS where all of our children attended middle and upper school. The school provides an excellent academic foundation with many opportunities both inside and outside the classroom. The facilities are outstanding, the campus and athletic fields beautiful, but it is the kind community and extraordinary teachers that are key. The teachers are not only well qualified, but they care about helping each individual student succeed and they convey that belief. There is a strong parent teacher partnership that helps the school and families work closely together on behalf of each student. There is a wholistic approach that focuses on helping the student think critically, act responsively and live compassionately. Our children were well prepared for top level colleges, graduate school and life after college. MICDS really is teaching the leaders of tomorrow.

Posted February 28, 2015
Our children have received an excellent education at MICDS. The faculty is outstanding and go out of their way to ensure their students are understanding and retaining the material they teach. When my son was struggling in Calculus, his teacher met him after school to review the material. His commitment to my son was astonishing. Yes the school has wonderful facilities but it's the faculty that makes it great.

Posted February 18, 2015
The Beasley School (the Lower School) is a wonderful learning environment, filled with teachers are friendly and incredibly responsive to both the parents and the students. From the very beginning of school (Junior Kindergarten, which is one year pre-kindergarten), the children regularly attend a host of different classes in addition to the Reading and Writing that is focused on in Homeroom. The staff also sees the importance in teaching the whole person, and they talk with the children about different social concepts that heavily support analytical thinking and empathy. As a parent, volunteer opportunities are plentiful and varied. I find it a wonderful treat to be able to see my children during the school day as a volunteer, or to stop in whenever I can to have lunch with them. As a non-native St. Louisan, my husband and I toured many area schools before finding a home at MICDS. I would encourage you to do the same! See what is out there, and find the best fit for your family. I have nothing but positive feelings toward MICDS, and have received the same since we started here: love and care from the faculty, friendship and inclusion from the students and other parents.

Posted February 18, 2015
All three of our children attend MICDS. We are so thrilled with the education that they are receiving. Also, the teachers and administration truly care about the students and their families. There is an emphasis on school/parent partnership which helps to foster excellent communication between the school/families. The teachers and administration care about our children and want them to succeed. I am always amazed at how much our kids are learning to be caring, conscientious and sensitive world citizens. I cannot imagine sending our kids anywhere else in St. Louis!

Posted February 18, 2015
We have 3 children who have different strengths, weaknesses and personalities and they are all thriving at MICDS. The excellent faculty make a real effort to get to know each child individually and elevate them to the next level through challenging curriculum and personal encouragement. My husband and I appreciate the fact that many teachers are also coaches. This gives teachers an opportunity to get to know the kids outside of the classroom and contributes to the student's continued success. While the beautiful campus is large, it is broken down into easily navigated divisions - none of our children felt overwhelmed when they started. The community is warm and inclusive . The Parent Association is open to all parents and encourages family participation with various events such as the Fun Run, Homecoming, the International Expo and welcoming events for new families.

Posted February 16, 2015
We moved to St Louis from NYC and were unaware of various schools' reputations as we searched for the best environment for our kids. After looking at a wide variety of independent and public options we chose MICDS. It's been 5 years now and we couldn't be happier. I was surprised to hear some people thought it was a "fancy" school of rich people. While it certainly has an extraordinary campus and facilities, we've found the community to be very diverse, inclusive and down to earth. We have a boy and a girl with very different abilities and personalities yet the school has been great fit for both. The teachers are passionate and go above and beyond to help the kids learn. The school is also great about teaching to individual abilities and readily puts kids in classes appropriate for their skill level regardless of grade. It's also been a great community for our family as we have made many close friends through the school. Lastly, we have tremendous confidence in Lisa Lyle our head of school. She has great vision, is focused on the student experience and balances academic, athletic and community service rigors with aplomb. We couldn't be happier!

Posted February 15, 2015
I just want to put our experience out there with the teachers at MICDS. They are AMAZING. They go above and beyond....they are more than willing to meet a student before or after school, during lunch or a free period, and they are also in email contact. I don't know how they could be more accessible!!!! The teachers at MICDS are top-notch.

Posted February 10, 2015
We have been very happy with MICDS and the quality of education. Academic rigor is the priority. However, the school offer so much more: exceptional sports; robust and strong arts offerings; STEM opportunities; leadership opportunities; summer and spring break travel around the world as part of the foreign language curriculum; and education/ information/ curriculum around responsible digital citizenship. Plus, and so important to my husband and me, the school is mission driven. Everything the school does is to not only prepare children for college but importantly, for life. The teachers, faculty, administration are thinking beyond college to preparedness for life. The teachers are exceptional, and this makes the school. They go above and beyond for the children as teachers in the classroom, mentors in after school activities and coaches on the athletic fields. They teach the kids how to think for themselves, how to be good problem-solvers and how to develop and clearly articulate/ present their thinking.

Micds 1

Posted January 08, 2015
All this school truly cares about is money. It's all about the money. Such an unhealthy environment for students. It's a shame. What a waste.

Posted December 23, 2014
I am a graduate and have a great amount of pride in MICDS. For co-ed suburban day schools, it should be considered Top 10 in the US. The objective facts bear this out. Opportunities for academic advancement and rigor are exceptional. I recall the school offering more AP courses than any other in the Mid-West. The campus and resources are objectively among the best in the country. Class sizes are the smallest you could want. And, of course, college placement is exceptional, especially for a school in the Mid-West. Specific placements always vary year-to-year with the interests of the students. But MICDS consistently places across all the Ivies, MIT, Stanford, etc. with significant portions of the class. About half of my graduating class went to a Top 25 school either undergrad or grad (10%+ WashU, ~5% Harvard, 10%+ other Ivy). Many friends not near the top of the class still went to a top school. Alumni include 3 US Senators, a Federal Reserve Chairman, numerous Fortune 500 CEOs, movie stars, professional athletes, entrepreneurs, authors, professors, top surgeons, Navy SEALs. MICDS is exceptional and perfect for the student and family seeking that.

Micds