Public charter
St. Louis, MO

Posted April 24, 2015
Awesome school! Love the PYP curriculum and teachers. Our kids love learning French and going to school. They are fluent in reading and writing in French which has boosted their English reading skills and test scores. We appreciate the diverse and loving school culture. The teachers are so dedicated.

Posted April 24, 2015
I LOVE THIS SCHOOL! The teachers are amazing, they take so much pride into teaching the kids that there is a lot to explore in the world. My child started in kindergarten and now in the second grade. Everyday I see growth in his academics and his immersion into the French language. I am excited to see what the future holds from him. Mr. Conrad the Principal is so compassionate in what he do for the school and the kids. I truly support and love everything they do in this school, this has been the best decision I've made for his future! Parent R. Perry

Posted April 24, 2015
The French School is a great school, my son's teachers and staff communicates often with me whether he is doing well or if he's having any issues. I've also noticed that they really take time and listen to him if any problem does occur. He's doing well in all his subjects and his French is getting pretty impressive.
2 people found this helpful

Posted April 24, 2015
Why would you not send your child to a free immersion school. In a global market a second language is invaluable!

Posted April 24, 2015
Our children are thriving in this diverse and challenging environment. The challenge of learning in a different language has opened pathways in their brains and improved their problem solving and analytical skills. Their test scores reflect the fact that they are excelling academically. The environment promotes innovation and risk-taking! They love their dedicated and loving teachers. They are poised for success in a global world. We are so grateful they have this learning experience available to them for free!

Posted April 24, 2015
TFS is accredited as a PYP school, which means the students learn through doing, they do not learn each subject in silos, but rather all subjects are integrated into projects and inquiry. I also love that my child is fluent in French in elementary school! The school embraces cultural differences and diversity! The school is still young, which means there are plenty of opportunities for parent involvement and input as well. Finally, the 5th grade students go to France to experience the culture, attend school with other 5th grade students in France, and stay with host families. The students emerge confident in their ability to navigate in a foreign city, culture, and language.

Posted April 24, 2015
Excellent opportunity for children to learn how to speak, read and write in French for FREE!!!

The French School 4

Posted April 24, 2015
My children have been students at SLLIS since kindergarten and are now in 4th grade. We have had some amazing teachers and both children love this school! The French Immersion has been a wonderful opportunity for my girls and the school community is a pleasure. .

Posted April 24, 2015
We have been very pleased with my daughter's progress at TFS this year. As a kindergartner, she uses French words on a regular basis to ask for things, say please, thank you, etc. and doesn't even realize she is doing it. TFS is still a growing program (which means some inevitable 'hiccups') but I have found the teachers and staff to be incredibly dedicated to their students and willing to offer a great deal of support. To be clear, my daughter tested into the 'gifted' magnet schools; however, we made the choice to send her to TFS because we didn't want her spending her time memorizing words on flashcards or being "taught to the test". We wanted her to be able to grow and explore new ideas, something that is clearly embraced at TFS. Just last week, the class went to the zoo as part of their Unit of Inquiry on the environment and spent the day playing but also exploring the characteristics of living things. My daughter attends class with students from diverse ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds and as a result has learned to be a more effective communicator, negotiator, and empathetic person. If you want your child to be an educated explorer, TFS is a great place to be!

Posted April 24, 2015
TFS has been an amazing experience for our daughter and our family! She is now in second grade and is reading chapter books in French and English! Her English and math is also above grade level. The family feel at the school is also so inviting and it is easy to be a parent. We plan to stay as the school grows and then our daughter will earn her International baccalaureate as we'll as high school diploma!

The French School
4011 Papin St, St. Louis, MO  63110
Last modified The French School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
The French School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top