Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Parent (1 response)

Posted February 04, 2016
The Spanish School has made amazing improvements over the years. My eldest child graduated 5th grade there and is succeeding at a gifted middle school and my youngest is currently in third grade and loves it! Students are challenged not only to learn another language, but also to inquire and ask questions about their world. Students are exposed to many different cultures and people from all over the world. I am continually impressed with what the Spanish School has created and offered, despite all the challenges of being an under-funded, charter school.

St.Louis Spanish Immersion School 3

Posted January 29, 2014
I really wanted to love this school. I understood the importance of my daughter age 5 learning a second language but the class sizes are just too big and one day my daughter's kindergarten teacher was left alone. The teachers were so kind and wonderful but lacking support from the administration. The materials like center activities were old and the hyper kids in the room couldn't focus on anything whenever I came in. They just ran around yelling in the class. I disnerolled her and put her in The Soulard School. It has a sliding scale tuition and well worth it. My daughter loves that school.

St.Louis Spanish Immersion School 2

Posted December 01, 2013
My son has attended sllis since kindergarten. He is more I'm the 4th grade and IBM beginning to notice that this school is falling him. My son started with a strong early childhood education and its sad to say that sllis has not complimented that. The founder of the schools children are not attending the school, that speaks volumes to me! My guess for the school and my child future in it have diminished. The staff blames everthing on the children instead of the lack of them to assert themselves. The foundation of education is language based and my child has not shared any profoundly newly learned material with me. I believe that he and his classmates are now at a disadvantage for attending this school NOT an ADVANTAGE as I onced believed early own. I'm pulling him from the school to attend pricate school. Although I can't afford it... I'd rather sacrifice my finances than my child's edication!

Posted September 18, 2013
We have been at St. Louis Language Immersions Schools-The Spanish School for 4 years. I am very satisfied with our children's education. It's amazing to see them learning a second language and learning through the International Baccalaureate Programme. Every year our school grows and expands and the administration and staff do a fantastic job. We are lucky to have a school like this in St. Louis!

St.Louis Spanish Immersion School 4

Posted August 29, 2013
I have a daughter in the Spanish School and I like the diversity of cultures the school has. The PYP curriculum let students to be inquirers and thinkers. Teachers are committed and enthusiastic. I think it is the perfect age to learn another language in an 100% of instruction conducted in the immersion language.

St.Louis Spanish Immersion School 1

Posted August 22, 2012
The curriculum is awesome on paper, the mission and vision I couldn't ask for more. However, the administration does not know how to pull it all together. They run out both faculty and families who try to bring in new ideas and improve the school, and they do not follow through on what they promise their families. It's a real shame. Though my child would like to return, he asks me why he wasn't taught many things until we switched schools (2 years at SLLIS). Until many areas are fixed, and the parents and staff's voice can be heard, I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted November 23, 2011
I'm seriously considering enrolling my son in KG for the 2012-2013 school year. I attended an open house last week and I was amazed to see 1st & 2nd graders speaking in spanish, french, etc.. fluently. & all the extra activities they offer was exciting! Violin, cheese club, book clubs, arts & crafts, soccer, basketball, etc... and they have a parent assembly board, there are alot of parents that are truly involved in the education of there children. AWESOME! The curriculum and the structure of each program seems to be very detailed and well thought out to provide the children with a superior education. I'm excited! Although I have concerns like most people. But I believe all my questions were answered, and I do plan to continue my research on Language immersion school...

St.Louis Spanish Immersion School
4011 Papin Street, St. Louis, MO  63110
Last modified St.Louis Spanish Immersion School is a Charter school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
St.Louis Spanish Immersion School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top