Sullivan, MO

Posted August 09, 2013
I attended and graduated from Sullivan High with a 3.8 GPA and honors. I never got into trouble or had disciplinary actions taken against me. I was a good student with nothing to gain by writing a negative review. I personally thought this school was a joke. The teachers and staff do NOT care about educating their students. I was in advanced and honors courses and was BORED. I was not challenged or taught how to think. I was not prepared for college or the workforce. The teachers and staff coddle the students here and exhibit very obvious favoritism. Uniqueness and self expression are not encouraged here nor is independent thinking. Intolerance is tolerated and social hierarchy is encouraged. The honor students, athletes, and Sullivan natives are capable of getting away with anything with little to no repercussions (and I know this because, as stated above, I was an honor student) while the regular students or "oddballs" are watched suspiciously at all times. Many, not all, but many, teachers treat their students as though they are the most ignorant creatures to ever walk the planet. This school cripples its students. It's no wonder most of them never grow up and leave Sullivan.

Posted November 02, 2011
Has an excellent staff, but the curriculum seems to be lacking in terms of educating the students in deterring or refraining from racism.

Posted September 17, 2009
Sullivan High School does an outstanding job of preparing our children for college and has a wonderful A+ program.

Sullivan Sr. High School 2

Posted March 02, 2009

Posted October 02, 2008

Posted May 18, 2005
my children go to sullivan high school. it is one of the best schools i have seen today. the teachers really care about the kids and the kids care about each other and their teachers. I thank god for them and sullivan high school .

Posted July 27, 2004
- a former student

Sullivan Sr. High School
1073 East Vine St, Sullivan, MO  63080
Last modified Sullivan Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sullivan Sr. High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top