University City, MO

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter went to JP for 5 years and it has very good teachers and has some teachers who need to retired and let new blood come into the building; however, they are doing a very good job academically. I believe they still need to work on improving good behaviors. In conclusion it was a good experience for my daughter it has a variety of everything.

Posted March 16, 2012
My son is also in 3rd grade at JP. Never have heard one story of fights happening at school. Maybe the woman's daughter has a different definition of what constitutes a 'fight'? The one issue I'd say exists is that the school district administration continually removes fantastic educators from JP and places them at Brittany Woods or UCHS. They've been replaced with teachers who are, according to the students, old, crabby, and not nice at all. Gym class and art should be creative and exciting experiences, not classes where children are made to sit on the floor and "Shut it!" because their teacher can't handle their youthful energy. Pathetic, really. On a high note, the new music teacher is much beloved. Let's get all of the faculty to that level now.

Posted March 14, 2012
This school is a victim of to many children and the teachers not knowing how to handle all of them. We recently moved to MO from OH where we were going to a great public school there. We have had nothing but problems at Jackson Park. The teachers are ok and the principal is just ok. Everyday my daughter is telling me about fights and students yelling at teachers and throwing things at teachers. The principal and teachers are more than willing to try and make things better after complaining, but they still are not good enough for us to stay there another year. I am sorry to say but my daughter will attending another school for her 4th grade year.

Posted November 15, 2011
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE Jackson Park! I was so happy to be there from my first day of kindergarden until 6th grade promotion. I am in my sophmore year at UCHS across the street and i find myself glancing out the window thinking of all the memories i've had there. JP has so much pride and has so many activities for students to look forward to all year put together by such a fantastic staff ! - Miquella : )

Posted September 15, 2011
My daughter is in first grade this year, kindergarten last year. There is nothing about this school that I do not love: the faculty, the administration, the curriculum, the available outside activities, and especially this year, the new facilities. The brand new library is absolutely amazing, and from what I have seen of the almost-completed gym and cafeteria, they are state-of-the-art, spacious, and inviting. My family feels so fortunate to live in the Jackson Park district and, as U City taxpayers, to be able to take advantage of everything that the elementary school offers. My 6-yr. old daughter cannot wait to get up in the morning, give her teacher a hug, and learn & play with her classmates. Thank you, Jackson Park.

Posted May 23, 2009
Hate to say it, but JP leaves a lot to be desired at this point in time.

Posted August 21, 2007
I am a former Jackson Park student and I loved my experiences there. I started in kindergarten and went all the way to the sith grade and graduated from there. I made a lot of cool friend and met some mazing people.The level of academic were very high and we were learning math from the 7th grade level. Take for instance, algebra. we were learning tough algebra in the sixth grade.the principal Mr. Diaz -Granadoes was very caring to the children and the parents. the PTO contributed a tremendous amount of time and energy to make different festivals fun,So did the students. Although I'm starting the eight grade I will always remember the wonderful seven years I spent at Jackson Park Elementary and will recommend this school to any parent. S.A.B

Posted November 27, 2006
I am a former student at Jackson Park and I loved it there!! I went there from 3rd to 5th and I am at another school now for sixth grade. The teachers there are great and the food there is great. I miss my old school so much. My whole family basically went there. My very best friends go to that school. I love Jackson Park!

Posted May 02, 2006
Jackson Park has been an incredible environment for both of my children, who happen to be at the opposite spectrums of the educational scale. Both of my children are challenged at their respective levels and continue to succeed academically. The credit mostly goes to the awewsome principal, Mr. Diaz-Granados and his talented teaching staff, but also to the extended JP family. From the support staff to the active parental involvement, the community as a whole works toward making the children at JP successful. On top of a quality education, my children are experiencing cultural and economic diversity, something lacking in many schools today.

Posted March 22, 2006
One of the nice things about Jackson Park is that there is always lots of communication. A weekly newsletter, 'The Monday Memo' keeps parents and staff up to date on upcoming events and news items of interest to the school community, and a larger quarterly newsletter, 'The Jackson Park Journal,' provides in-depth discussion of curriculum issues, staff interviews, coverage of events like the Science Fair and the Passport Festival, and letters from the principal, the PTO, and the School Board liaison. The PTO also has a website, www.jackson-park.org, that contains information, photos, back issues of newsletters, a calendar, and other items of interest both to current and prospective families. There is also an online Yahoo newsgroup tht keeps parents in touch. One of the goals of both the PTO and the administration is to keep Jackson Park families 'in the loop' as much as possible.

7400 Balson Ave, University City, MO  63130
Last modified Jackson Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jackson Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top