Bad
Good

I am a students at Britney. The fights are really scary. I wouldn't send a kid here if you have another option. The principals, and some of the newer staff are good, but the school is so violent and there is no respect for each other, the rules, or teachers. Ambulances and police are called because of the fights sometimes.

This year my daughter is really enjoying herself and teachers are really helping her and encouraging her to be her best. Thanks

This school had a bad reputation over the years. My son is just finishing his first year at this middle school, and I am mostly happy with the school. The principal who started about 4 years ago at this school implemented some great changes. I feel like it is a good learing environment and the teachers communicate well.

brittney woods middle school in university, mo, is a HORRIBLE NIGHTMARE for my daughter they serve 6,7,and 8 the graders and my daughter has attended this schhol since 6 grade her life has changed starting in her 7th grade year, THe principle she is a JOKE, she walks around in tight skirts to try to look good but covers up the wrong during of ABUSIVE teachers they have working there. That school is NOT a safe or friendly enviroment and it has a bunch of GHETTO acting children and Ghetto acting a some have no concern of the well being of the children teachers there. To me it is a upsale LEAN ON ME school. I'm glad this is our LAST year there she will not attend the HIGH school either because it is the same. I would not recommend this school girls walking around with clothes that thier parents were when they go to a club the dress code is NOT enforce the school needs to go uniform because the fast girls is A MESS.

My school works hard to be inclusive and meet the needs of different learning levels.

We have 2 children in this school in 6th and 8th grade. The Principal won Missouri Middle School Principal of the Year last year. She is a great leader for this school and is pushing them in their SIP Plan to not just meet goals but exceed them. The math, algebra and geometry teachers are fantastic. My kids have both scored in the Advanced level and they have received great educations here. One thing too about U City - the friendships that are formed here last for life. We see this in the community which is very diverse yet has such a community in that people are very connected to one another. We are the only district to hold Robotics at elementary, Middle and High School. With the passing of 2 Bond issues in the past 5 years, renovations have been done to our buildings and BWMS has a gorgeous library and new 6th grade wing. Come and tour for yourself but we have been very happy.

My son had a great experience at Brittany Woods Middle School. I felt the teachers, principal and staff did a great job of helping him through a difficult time of life. He is doing well in high school now because of good preparation at BW.

Brittany Woods is improving every day. Caring teachers and administrators and the Missouri Middle School Principal of the Year Jamie Jordan are working hard to make Brittany a great middle school. The more parents who choose to send their children here and get involved, the better it will become.

I currently have two children at BWMS and I'm impressed with the education they're getting so far. My 8th grader just received her Comm Arts scores. She placed 'Advanced' on MAP and ranked 92% nationally on the Terra Nova. Both my children feel safe while at school and their classmates are good friends who are encouraged to help each other. The school could improve their communication a little better but that is hopefully being addressed.

I love Brittany Woods my daughter loves it. The only reason other people don't like is because there are many black people. My daughter has made excellent friends. I love the new principle. I personally fell bad for the people who chose not to go. It's there lose. Go BWMS!!!!!

Last modified Brittany Woods is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.