Walnut Grove, MO

Walnut Grove High School 1

Posted April 26, 2014
I agree with the fact that this school is solely concerned about sports. My time as a student here was a complete waste. To actually get something out of the program I started Vo-Tech and work release, meaning I wasn't there my last two years at all. I graduated early, and was punished for this by not being allowed to go on the senior trip. All they care about are sports, funny thing is that all of those sports oriented kids dropped out of college and I finished, go figure. They are still living in a small town and continuing the cycle of ignorance.

Walnut Grove High School 3

Posted December 02, 2011
I think that Walnut Grove is a great small rural school that anybody would be proud to say they graduated from. Aside from people who say that it is all about sports here, I have to say that it is what you make it. No one is singled out or forgotten just because they are not athletic. Everyone is given the same chance and expectations. The teachers/staff and admin do really care about academics and their ultimate goal is to educate and make students successful for their lives outside of HS. I'm sure if you were to put any school under the microscope, they would all have their own flaws. Athletics are important at Walnut Grove, but not the only way to succeed there. If you think about it, students that are involved in athletics, whether it be cheer-leading or basketball, are learning life skills while participating. And just because someone isn't athletic doesn't mean they are at a less advantage. Basketball raises their own funds through fundraising that the students conduct. As for outdated textbooks, the school's budget is lacking, just as everyone else's funds are with this economy. I don't think that they just wouldn't purchase books for our students. I am proud of WG school!

Walnut Grove High School 1

Posted October 13, 2011
Walnut Grove High School is a small, basketball-orientated school that prefers to put athletics before academics. The teachers at Walnut Grove High School make the school great. Unfortunately, the administration lacks professionalism and school politics seem to be highly influenced by who you are and who you are related too. The basketball teams never seems to have a lack of funding, yet the majority of the textbooks are outdated and in poor condition. This is a classic brawn-before-brain rural-community school and sports come before grades. The building itself is in poor condition (with the exception of the gym) and is fit with leaky roofs and outdated utilities. Overall, I give the faculty 5 stars. However, I give the school itself one star for its lack of academic focus and smalltown politics.

Walnut Grove High School
300 East College, Walnut Grove, MO  65770
Last modified Walnut Grove High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Walnut Grove High School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 3 reviews. Top