Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Last year I had one kid in this school and the staff was great, this year with two in south point there are absolutely no complaints from our household

My son transferred from Union after fighting for a year with no resolve to help him there. His first three days at South Point were a complete turn around, staff listened to him and me and now he has an IEP and has made immense progress. I have enrolled my second child in this school as well and absolutely love the staff, the principal is amazing and goes way above and beyond.

Things at this school are not good and haven't been for a few years. The assistant principal has been turned in to the district and board so many times for bullying kids, teachers, and parents (fact). And nothing has been done!! I have had at least one of my 4 children in this school for the past 13 years. I have volunteered many hours, served as PTC President, and worked for the school in the lunch room. In the past, I would have rated the school above a ten because of the teachers. But in the last three years, we have lost 7 sixth grade teachers alone. Over a dozen other staff members have left in the past few years because of the way they have been treated. This school has lost all but one star in my book. My recommendation is to go to any of the schools in this school except this one. I've loved this school for many years but now I'm a very concerned parent.

I love this school. They recently got rid of the old principal Mr. Lause. He was amazing and the kids really miss him. Things are good with new principal and I suspect they will only get better!

Last modified South Point Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.