PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (2 responses)

Posted September 01, 2015
As a parent its easy to say that I am bias toward my school however the statistics from our graduates speak volumes. SFBGS continues to graduate many students who fall in the top 99% on the IOWA testing with many even having received full ride scholarships to SFBRHS. It has graduated several valedictorians and salutatorians at the high school. It has implemented its Virtue Based Restorative Discipline program which parallels the PBIS discipline program used in public schools only with a christian approach. Its preschool is very personable and developmentally appropriate and focuses on learning based on play and movement which is heavily researched based on being the essential foundation in early learning. Its location in the heart of downtown makes way for many natural and hands on learning experiences. It's middle school is by far the best around offering block scheduling, anatomy, physics, spanish and advanced classes. Its facilities have become mostly air conditioned. Tradition doesn't graduate and this school is something we are very proud to be a part of.

Posted September 01, 2015
Proud to send my children to this school. There is a strong sense of community! The virtue base restorative discipline program is wonderful! The curriculum is wonderful and our student go on to do exceptionally well at high school, with many of the recent valedictorians being SFBGS grads!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted September 01, 2015
This hasn't always been the case as we had several long-tenured teachers that had run their course. When I look at our faculty now I honestly think we have one of the best in the area.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted September 01, 2015
SFB is a Catholic Grade School that practices a virtue-based restorative discipline process. We have a strong faith based curriculum and treat all students and their families well.

Posted September 01, 2015
We love SFB! All of my children have attended since Pre K. We have a very strong faculty who are excellent in the classroom and care about the kids. Our primary students develop a love of learning that lasts a lifetime and they do a remarkable job preparing our middle school students for high school. In 2015 alone many of our 8th graders received academic scholarships to SFBRHS. Additionally, we are proud of the number of our graduates that have later been named valedictorian or salutatorian upon graduating high school. Our student/teacher ratio is great and we have specialty teachers for PE, Music and Art. I haven't experienced or witnessed the bullying others reference. Of course there are misbehaved students in all grades in all schools, but to rate any school on the behavior of a few is both shortsighted and negligent.

Posted August 25, 2015
St. Francis Borgia Grade School is falling behind. They do not have enough staff to properly educate the students, the principal is not able to handle the daily tasks of dealing with students & parents and most of the school is not air conditioned. I suggest looking at one of the other private schools in the area.

Posted August 13, 2015
This school has a horrible bullying problem and the principal does nothing about it. The principal Is not compassionate and only tells people what they want to hear and then goes and does the total opposite. If I were you, I would check out the other Catholic school in town, Our Lady of Lourdes. Their success is proven by higher enrollment and satisfied families.

Posted May 11, 2014
As said before, teachers are kind but totally oblivious to bullying and trouble among the students. Very disappointed.

St Francis Borgia Grade School 2

Posted April 21, 2014
You'll never know how bad this school is until you leave for high school. The former principal was not a leader. The faculty is oblivious. I had 1 or 2 friends here, but when I went to high school I made hundreds (some who went here.) I did, however, fall in love with band here.

Posted March 01, 2012
St. Francis Borgia Grade School is a wonderful school. The Faculty are caring and compassionate about the most important thing: The STUDENTS. The school's principal is driven to make his school the best, even through budgets cuts and downsizing. As for Technology: the computer lab is updated yearly, five teachers have Smartboards, and I can check my son's grades online even from work. As for the review below: You can't please them all. I am very happy with Saint Francis Borgia Grade School.

225 Cedar Street, Washington, MO  63090
Last modified St Francis Borgia Grade School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8