Posted May 20, 2008
I can not believe I haven't found this page before now. I am totally amazed at the comments I am reading. My family is fairly new to WC and this is the only school my son has attended. We are extremely distressed that he will leave MT and head to the middle school this next year. My son has a hearing problem and due to this has had horrible school years previous to his 3rd and 4th grade years. I am not only impressed but grateful, for the actions and education my son has been given these last two years. He does not play football or any other sport for that matter but I am sure that he has been set up for a very successful academic future in the WC schools. Completely due to the wonderful teachers and administration. They will be missed!

Posted May 01, 2007

Posted February 13, 2007
I am new to MT, but I know a good thing when I see it. After teaching for five years in another state in a large school, I can discern quality teaching and administration. MT has the finest of both. No parent should think twice about choosing this establishment, I am there everyday and no hallway looks like a zoo. I communicate with teachers and staff and the principal everyday, all are focused and have the students' best interest at heart. I do not know the people who have departed, however, I know who has stayed and I know who is investing in the future. It's a new dawn and a new day.

Posted October 26, 2006
I visit the Mark Twain building at least once a week. As I read these negative reviews, I feel we are experiencing two different schools. We are sad this is our last year at Mark Twain. These have been our daughter's best two years since kindergarten. (I have to admit, kindergarten was fantastic!) If the teachers who left were good, the ones who replaced them are great. The principal is amazing. She welcomes our visits, communicates with us, and demonstrates her care for these children daily. Webb City can be proud of this school. Don't listen to everything you hear!

Posted October 06, 2006
Like the previous parents I to am concerned about the leadership of our school. The principal has sucessfully caused a over abundance of turnover in teachers and staff. As a parent it is frustrating to have all new fourth grade teachers with no mapp experience. It is not the teachers fault they are doing the best job they can it the situation. The halls appear like a zoo with children running wild. This school year seems like the worst yet. I have serious concerns about this school and its effect on education in Webb City.

Posted September 08, 2006
We had wonderful experiences with our children's classroom teachers, but the principal did not impress me at all. After speaking to several teachers who teach/have taught at this school, I am very concerned. If they are coming to work so distraught and upset each and every day...what kind of education are our children getting?

Mark Twain Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2005

Mark Twain Elementary School 3

Posted September 25, 2005

Mark Twain Elementary School 4

Posted April 21, 2005
Until you know all the facts about the 'excellent' teachers who are leaving, you really don't have room to criticize the principal. The teachers who are leaving this year have done nothing but stir trouble. Mark Twain will be so much better next year. As for those of us staying because we love it here and love the principal...we plan to put an end to all the negativity. I'm looking forward to a new start!

Mark Twain Elementary School 4

Posted February 18, 2005
I definitely have to agree with the two people who expressed dissatisfaction with this school. I have to say, that the teachers are great first of all. . My son went there and loved his two teachers, but unfortunately, both left. My advice, WC has good schools, just stay away from Mark Twain, from what I've seen and heard, admin. doesn't mind letting one good teacher after another walk. Not good for kids at all!

Mark Twain Elementary School
1427 West Aylor, Webb City, MO  64870
Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top