Bad
Good

I can not believe I haven't found this page before now. I am totally amazed at the comments I am reading. My family is fairly new to WC and this is the only school my son has attended. We are extremely distressed that he will leave MT and head to the middle school this next year. My son has a hearing problem and due to this has had horrible school years previous to his 3rd and 4th grade years. I am not only impressed but grateful, for the actions and education my son has been given these last two years. He does not play football or any other sport for that matter but I am sure that he has been set up for a very successful academic future in the WC schools. Completely due to the wonderful teachers and administration. They will be missed!

I am new to MT, but I know a good thing when I see it. After teaching for five years in another state in a large school, I can discern quality teaching and administration. MT has the finest of both. No parent should think twice about choosing this establishment, I am there everyday and no hallway looks like a zoo. I communicate with teachers and staff and the principal everyday, all are focused and have the students' best interest at heart. I do not know the people who have departed, however, I know who has stayed and I know who is investing in the future. It's a new dawn and a new day.

I visit the Mark Twain building at least once a week. As I read these negative reviews, I feel we are experiencing two different schools. We are sad this is our last year at Mark Twain. These have been our daughter's best two years since kindergarten. (I have to admit, kindergarten was fantastic!) If the teachers who left were good, the ones who replaced them are great. The principal is amazing. She welcomes our visits, communicates with us, and demonstrates her care for these children daily. Webb City can be proud of this school. Don't listen to everything you hear!

Like the previous parents I to am concerned about the leadership of our school. The principal has sucessfully caused a over abundance of turnover in teachers and staff. As a parent it is frustrating to have all new fourth grade teachers with no mapp experience. It is not the teachers fault they are doing the best job they can it the situation. The halls appear like a zoo with children running wild. This school year seems like the worst yet. I have serious concerns about this school and its effect on education in Webb City.

Last modified Mark Twain Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades 3-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.