No rating

Miriam School

Private | 94 students

Living in Webster Groves

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $170,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $940.

Posted April 23, 2010

My son is graduating from Miriam this year and I'm devastated. He has been apart of the Miriam School community for four years and was the best decision me and my husband have ever made. I just wish they went through high school! I can't imagine anyone having a negative opinion about the exceptional program, so I just had to post! We will be forever greatful.

Posted March 30, 2009

Placing my 10 year old son at Miriam was the best decision we ever made. I have never been around faculty who understand my child better. They understand his disability but also help him reach his full potential. We also receive tuition support as well and we are so thankful because otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Posted July 11, 2008

Great for kids with a large variiety of developmental, social and emotional delays.

Posted May 1, 2008

Our first year at Miriam was really good, but the second was the worst! There was no positive motivation and everything was a punishment. This school turned a very happy, self-motivated child in to a very scared and upset child. It took my child more than month to be himself again after this horrid experience. I also never received a straight answer on cirriculum protocol or teacher accredidation. For these type of kids, there should have been a social worker or psychologist on site. The teacher was asking me how to motivate children! Our experience here was a nightmare that cost us $21K a year! The SSD can provide so much better you just need to be a strong advocate for your child.

Posted March 2, 2007

We decided to place our son at Miriam after a very difficult time having his needs met in a public school in 1st grade. This has been one of the best decisions we have ever made! The staff at this school really cares about my son and our family. They have anything my son could need to make him feel successful in school. We have gone from him screaming at the front doors at school, scared to go in, to him jumping out of the car and running into the building, excited to face his day. He feels he is smart and competent to face new challenges. Also, they offer a variey of after school programs. My son also participates in guitar lessons with the music teacher. I only wish they went all the way to the 12th grade!

Posted November 9, 2006

My son started The Miriam School at age 5. The decision to place him at Miriam vs. public school was the best decision I could have made. I don't believe you will find a more dedicated group of teachers and administrators. The staff of the Miriam School are the unsung heros of our time. The quality of the academic program at Miriam is unprecedented. Every staff member understands my son and that he will learn differently than the other 92 students in attendance. This is our second year at The Miriam School and I have yet to meet a parent who is any less impressed with the education and care our children are receiving.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 5% 2%

Special education / special needs

Specific academic themes or areas of focus
  • Special education
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

501 Bacon Avenue