Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 20, 2016
Miss Diane and Miss Nancy are both great, however, they are both leaving Miriam. All the good teachers are or have.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted May 20, 2016
They don't challenge those that are ahead of their peers. They readily rely on iPads for teaching instead of teachers actually teaching. They play full length movies (regularly!) like Minions (not educational) during regularly scheduled school time.

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted May 20, 2016
Homework? What is that? The homework took 11 seconds, maximum. As a comparison, evaluating other schools, they recommended 30 minutes per evening minimum.

Miriam School 1

Posted May 20, 2016
If you want your child to watch movies, not play outside and have their math and reading program time cut, spend the money at Miriam. We opted to move to public schools and leverage the power of SSD. I would advise against sending anyone to Miriam.

Miriam School 1

Posted November 18, 2014
$25000 playschool. We trasferred our child there from a public school and have been very disappointed. Academics are very weak.

Posted April 23, 2010
My son is graduating from Miriam this year and I'm devastated. He has been apart of the Miriam School community for four years and was the best decision me and my husband have ever made. I just wish they went through high school! I can't imagine anyone having a negative opinion about the exceptional program, so I just had to post! We will be forever greatful.

Miriam School 5

Posted March 30, 2009
Placing my 10 year old son at Miriam was the best decision we ever made. I have never been around faculty who understand my child better. They understand his disability but also help him reach his full potential. We also receive tuition support as well and we are so thankful because otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford it.

Posted July 11, 2008
Great for kids with a large variiety of developmental, social and emotional delays.

Posted May 01, 2008
Our first year at Miriam was really good, but the second was the worst! There was no positive motivation and everything was a punishment. This school turned a very happy, self-motivated child in to a very scared and upset child. It took my child more than month to be himself again after this horrid experience. I also never received a straight answer on cirriculum protocol or teacher accredidation. For these type of kids, there should have been a social worker or psychologist on site. The teacher was asking me how to motivate children! Our experience here was a nightmare that cost us $21K a year! The SSD can provide so much better you just need to be a strong advocate for your child.

Miriam School 5

Posted March 02, 2007
We decided to place our son at Miriam after a very difficult time having his needs met in a public school in 1st grade. This has been one of the best decisions we have ever made! The staff at this school really cares about my son and our family. They have anything my son could need to make him feel successful in school. We have gone from him screaming at the front doors at school, scared to go in, to him jumping out of the car and running into the building, excited to face his day. He feels he is smart and competent to face new challenges. Also, they offer a variey of after school programs. My son also participates in guitar lessons with the music teacher. I only wish they went all the way to the 12th grade!

501 Bacon Avenue, Webster Groves, MO  63119