Lafayette Sr. High School 1

Posted June 25, 2014
My daughter is going into her senior year at Lafayette and wishes she would have moved to a private school when she had the chance. Academically, it's not absolutely horrible, you'll be challenged and there are quite a few AP classes but the curriculum is horrifying. My daughter comes home complaining that she feels stupider every day due to the condescending and rude teachers employed at the school. It is hard to get involved and the students are snobby and judgemental. Save yourself the pain and send your kid to a private school. I can guarantee he/she will be much happier there.

Lafayette Sr. High School 2

Posted February 03, 2014
I am not overly impressed as other are with this school. Academically speaking this school is fine but not fantastic. It is very hard to get involved at this school. If your child plays sports DO NOT attend this school. The athletic department is terrifying. Coaches are out of control and nasty. The politics are worse than at our old high school in Kentucky. We are considering sending our child to a private school. I only wish I had this warning before we chose this district. I hope this review will save another family from making this mistake.

Lafayette Sr. High School 2

Posted December 14, 2012
Rockwood School District has a long way to go to being an all-around great school district. Academically they are on track if they can get the older teachers to move out of their comfort zone and change their curriculum and use the newest technology available to them. Many teachers at the elementary level don t even use their websites. Shocking in this day when technology is the push. Don t be misled by Rockwood s initiative to get parents involved. It is just to get bond money issue. That is as far as they want the parents involved. The PTO only exist, I am sure, because they have to keep the front. The district is basically a big bureaucracy~ the administrators the clones of the system. The fact is there is a lot of bullying going on, not sure it s just the student s bad behavior. Democracy? Doubtful this is a dictatorship and the schools are protected by all their procedures and policies. Think very hard before moving into this district as to whether or not your student will fit into this learning/SOCIAL environment. I have seen students self-worth destroyed in this district. More than anyplace I have ever lived. It is sad!

Posted September 01, 2012
We were told before we moved here how amazing this school was and now we know. The teachers and staff are terrific. They truly want the students to excel and offer tremendous support. I am so happy my son is attending Lafayette and look forward to my younger son getting the opportunity to have an excellent education through Lafayette as well.

Posted July 25, 2012
Good public school to the kids. My son is there and doing his level best.

Lafayette Sr. High School 0

Posted October 03, 2009
Lafayeete High School has a great learning enviroment. The teahers are great and really help the students.

Posted November 07, 2008
Our two children went to Lafayette. (classes of 2004 & 2007) Lafayette's high academic standards had them both prepared for college. They both had a 4.0 GPA there first semester.

Lafayette Sr. High School 0

Posted September 24, 2008
Excellent school, caring teachers/staff. They want the best for all the students. All around great school.

Lafayette Sr. High School 1

Posted September 16, 2008

Posted June 25, 2008
Great school! My child easily got into Truman which is a highly selective school. She had very caring teachers. There is nothing I can complain about with this school.

Lafayette Sr. High School
17050 Clayton Rd, Wildwood, MO  63011
Last modified Lafayette Sr. High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lafayette Sr. High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top