Willard, MO
Students enrolled: 1,257

Willard High School 1

Posted December 19, 2014
Lots of favortism in this school. Is does not matter what you know it matters who you know.

Willard High School 2

Posted February 23, 2013
Very disappointed with administration and the way they deal with parent complaints about teacher teaching abilities and conduct. A math honors teacher give the class 10 minutes of teaching then doesn't answer any questions or works out problems with students. But spends the rest of the time on the computer doing anything but teaching the class the rest of the session. She has them work on homework that the answers are in the back of the book, and doesn't help them. Teacher says to another student that asked a question about the problem and teacher states "I've giving enough information about it, its pretty clear". Many other parents have complained about this teacher as well. They need to clean house and get rid of the garbage. Many great teachers work and teach at willard, but there are a few that should consider changing their career choice.

Posted March 27, 2007
My kids came in as homeschoolers,we were very wary of public school in general. My oldest is now a junior at Drury and had a very good high school experience. The choral music department is fabulous! I only hope Mark Lawley is still there for my fourth graders when they get there!

Posted February 10, 2007
Willard provided me with a great education. I graduated not only prepared for college but also prepared for the 'real world'. This school district is amazing and always goes above and beyond for all students. I am proud to say I attend K-12 as a Willard Tiger.

Willard High School 3

Posted October 10, 2006
I personally agree with the third parent review, the politics in this school are rampant. If you dont have a certain last name or arent well known there, they could care less about you or your opinions. And it does no good to go to the school board for any problems, they back their teachers and stick together no matter what! Pity for the kids who aren't well known in that town! Myself and plenty of my friend's whose kid's go there have had numerous problems with favoritism, and problems with the so called leaders in that school, but nothing ever changes or gets done about it. Its not near the excellent school system that it professes to be! No-names beware!

Willard High School 4

Posted June 16, 2006
I am a Willard graduate. Although I did not go to Willard K-12, I have recommendations for this school district. As with anything there are always going to be pro's and con's. Both of my kids have received excellent education and I am very comfortable with college for them because of the school district. I must of course give an applaude to Mr. Chris Church and his direction of the Cutting Edge band! He teaches disciple, respect, leadership and an excellent work ethic! This will last your child a life time! I am proud to tell anyone my kids go to Willard!

Posted January 09, 2006
My children at different times were in the accelerated dept., one was in special needs, they played on the basketball, football, track, and baseball teams. They played in the band. There isn't much I haven't been involved in the Willard Schools. I am not from Willard originally but I moved there to give the schools a chance. They exceeded my expectations in every single area. I cannot imagine a better school district. The things I disagreed with, which were very few, I was at least allowed to voice my opinion on. The leaders are very willing to listen and even change their opinions and direction if they think the community and parents may have a better direction. ...that's my opinion.

Willard High School 3

Posted December 01, 2005
School politics are prevalent at Willard. Willard has an infamous history of favoring particular students and families in all regards including but not limited to: sports, academics, hiring/firing. Particularly, residents of Springfield in the Willard school district beware! Members of the school board lack a general 21st century common sense and have a tendency to make irrational decisions and treat people unfairly. There have also been serious questions regarding the integrity of the voting process for the school board. Quite a few parents/former students would agree with my assessment.

Posted October 06, 2005
We moved to willard so my children could go to the schools here because of their great schools. My husband moved here in kindergarten and finished his high school career at Willard. It is a great school district and a great town, everyone here is very supportive of their kids.

Posted December 30, 2004
Willard has and always will be THE best school district you could send your child to. There are no 'gangs' or problems with drugs or alchohol and ther are many great things to participate in. Such as, basketball, football, soccer, wrestling, volleyball, cheerleading, a huge asortment of club. But, best of all is the band, 'The Cutting Edge', which has been the #1 band in the region of competition and also named(undefeated) 417 magazines's best marching band.

Willard High School
515 East Jackson St, Willard, MO  65781
Last modified Willard High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Willard High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top