Posted September 06, 2013
I had my doubts about this school at first. Was scared for my little kindergartener. And read this reviews, which are not true! Don't always believe what you read that is why I am posting this. This school is very responsive to my child's needs. They take an active interest in learning. I like the fact that the kindergarten playground is separate from all the playgrounds. It is more geared towards kindergartners. The after school program is wonderful, Martha is like a grandmother to all the children. I feel my son is safe. There is no tolerance to bullying, as I have seen first hand playground aids taking control of bullying and the teachers. Yes this school may be old, but what school isn't. It is a wonderful school and my experiences with it so far have been fantastic.

Heck/Quaw Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2013
The first week at this school my son saw two fist fights with no aids in sight. Two months in he had to break up another. In the lunch room if one child is talking during the five minute "quiet time" required the whole table has to put their heads down. I have seen with my own eyes children denied condiments and the staff run out of water cups when three or more tables of children with their hands raised still remained!!!!!! Water????????? Really??? Its like a jail not a school. I have never seen anything like this. The front desk lady was rude to myself and pre school child every time we visited. Wish I would have known Belgrade was under staffed under budget and like a prison before we moved here. The lunches don't even come close to Bozeman, same thing over and over. cheep and not kid friendly.

Posted May 31, 2012
My daughter has had a wonderful experience at this school. Caring teachers and staff and a wonderful principal . Belgrade schools get a bad mark for really no better reason as people think Bozeman's schools are better when in reality Belgrade's schools classes are not over crowded and there is also a zero policy against bullying . My daughter was able to get the one on one experience she needed when she was having difficulty. The levy has passed and Belgrade will also be getting a brand new elementary school in 2013!

Posted April 18, 2012
Both of my kids went to this school and had two very different experiences. My son did wonderful and the teachers were wonderful. He loved going to school. My daughter on the other hand had a hard time. Thankfully her 1st grade teacher identified that she had a learning disability and we put her into the right classes. She didn't enjoy school and the teachers were hard to talk to since she had so many different ones. Overall if your child doesn't have learning problems they will do great in this school but if they need extra help it is hard on both child and parent.

Heck/Quaw Elementary School 1

Posted July 07, 2009

Posted August 25, 2008

Heck/Quaw Elementary School 0

Posted August 25, 2008
I had a simular experience as the parent below. I was always told my son was just being lazy and not putting forth his best effort. Then in 3rd grade a teacher felt he had learning disabilities and she could not even get what it was he needed. My son told me a few things it was then I realized he knew exactly what it was he was suppose to do but physically couldn't. To say the least it was ALWAYS a fight even after we got him the help he needed! It took years. It got even worse going into the Intermediate school the principle there did not belong with children of that age, she was more like a boot camp leader. It has destroyed his self esteem. Thanks to all those who did nothing!!

Heck/Quaw Elementary School 2

Posted November 15, 2005
My daughter attended this school from kindergarden through third grade. Every year she had problems academically. This is not the schools fault however they made no attempt to find the source of her problems, every year they just said to hold her back. I finally did her third grade year along with moving to a new town and school-she still had problems. It has now come to are attention she has a learning disability. If you have a child with learning difficulty please be carefull. Her new school said the testing they are doing now should have been done before she was held back. Her third grade year I continually asked how she was doing and was told fine untill three days before the end of the year. I strongly feel I could have done things diffrently had the school kept me up on what was going on.

Heck/Quaw Elementary School
308 North Broadway, Belgrade, MT  59714
Last modified Heck/Quaw Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-3. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Heck/Quaw Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top